(PART 6) Seeking eager campers to join coding Voyage (aka gain remote dev experience)

I applied for Voyage-3!

Hi @ZugZwang!

Great question!

While I haven’t looked at your specific application yet (don’t worry I’ll be reaching out eventually :slight_smile: ), what I can say is that we have accepted people in similar situations in the past and its been successful, so it’s definitely possible.

In pretty much every team we generate, there’s one or more people who will need to quickly accelerate their skillset to contribute to the project (that’s why people can learn so much in a short period of time, because suddenly they are accountable to a team and if the person is up for a challenge, those dynamics can be quite helpful - no one wants to let their team down.) However I’ll emphasize that a hunger for learning and willingness to overcome challenges is necessary in these scenarios (though to be honest, in the development world, when are those two things not necessary? :stuck_out_tongue: )

Thanks for your reply @tropicalchancer.
I’ve just applied for Voyage-3.

i’m still learning basic front end developpement to catch up before end of november.:wink:

@tropicalchancer Hey! I’ve applied some days ago but due to some unforeseen constraints i might not be able to make it.

Do you run any kind of confirmation before starting the project or are we dropped in a team ready to start? Thank you for your time.

Applied! :slight_smile: , looking forward to possibly taking part and learning more about the Chingu community.

Hey @Elitro! Thanks for letting us know. No worries we do confirmation before starting the cohort and projects. I’ll reach out in a DM to chat further :slight_smile:

Awesome @aykutyaman! Happy to hear it! :slight_smile:

Awesome @FoxifiedLove! Can’t wait to get it started!!! :rocket:

1 Like

Applied for the Red Panda cohort. Looking forward to working with a team of motivated developers.

Love the enthusiasm good sir! :raised_hands:

Sounds Great! Just the thing I need to get me going in the right direction.
I’ve applied for the late November cohort, hopefully I get in :slight_smile:

Hey @AaronOnojaife! Thanks for reaching out and love that enthusiasm!! :rocket: :raised_hands:

I applied. Posting here to confirm. Looks like an excellent opportunity - thanks!

Happy to hear it @JohnDuhan! :raised_hands::raised_hands:

Hi, I received an acceptance email and it had a set of instructions in it, but the link provided to fill out a form took me to the original signup form. Do I need to fill it out again?

Hi @Ardrion!

I just sent you a DM, but the short answer is no, you don’t have to fill it out if you have already. :slight_smile:

I got my acceptance mail as well * happy dance *

At first glance the form looked like the same as the ‘old’ sign up form. But as it differed in details I filled it out. (and with up to date answers)

Looking forward to onboarding the voyage.

1 Like

Posting here to confirm my application.
Eager to jump in, join people, and build anything!

I take it that the applicants have already been selected? I recently submitted the application but I haven’t heard back yet.

There are literally hundreds of applications, it takes some time for Chance to go through them but you will definitely get an email independently telling if you were accepted or not.