Partially responsive site?

OK so when you resize the window the header for my tribute page changes size but the body doesn’t? Help me figure out how I pulled that one… thank you!

I think that your issue can be fixed by looking into Bootstrap grid classes (see what happens when you add the ‘col-xs-12’ class to the div with the ‘body’ class.

As an aside, you may wish to avoid using classes with names that are the same as element names (e.g. ‘body’). I find it can be confusing to troubleshoot when classes and elements have the same names.

Hope this helps!

Hi @lhinelle

When your are done with your basic styling i.e rows / columns .Please make sure you have this line in your HTML head tags. Responsiveness can only be enables with this line.

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1, maximum-scale=1">

Thanks! I’ve definitely thought about adding Bootstrap to it for full responsiveness; just wasn’t sure why it seemed to have some before I did that.

Thanks! What exactly does this line do?

This line tells your page to adjust elements based on given device width. and also disables Page zooming.

1 Like