Passed all tests but my page broke when messing with CSS for nav bar

Tell us what’s happening:
The body of my page is completely offset from the header. This happened when I was trying something in CSS the other night for my nav bar which threw it into this format, then when I deleted it, the page never went back to how it was in the first place.

Your code so far

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/85.0.4183.121 Safari/537.36.

Challenge: Build a Product Landing Page

Link to the challenge:

Hey Justin,

nice to meet you! :wave:

Do you want to get feedback or just some help with your problem?

Regarding your problem:

You will see some small errors, that’s totally normal; try to fix them from top to bottom, I think you are able to fix them! :+1:

If you don’t understand every error, just skip it, try to fix as much as possible and ask for help here. :+1:

Nice to meet you as well. Thanks for the validation links. Unfortunately I don’t think this will help with the issue I am having (unless I am overlooking something).

I need help with my page suddenly threw the body element of the page into a second column of sorts the the right of where my header element is pretty much off the page. I’m usually fairly good at googling my way out of problems, but this one is a hard one to google.

It literally happened when I tried something in my css for my nav bar (I can’t remember what at this point unfortunately) . When my input resulted in what the page is still doing, I deleted what I did, but it never went back to normal.

@nunju In your HTML the div class-“header-bar” isn’t closed. If you close it, then it kicks the content back to the left. You could also delete it, unless you need it for something. Is that what you were looking for?

Oh wow…completely missed that. I think that’s what I was working on and I put that in for the CSS to reference to and completely forgot I put it in when deleting out the CSS. I had seen this warning on the validation, but made the mistake of assuming it was talking about the header tag at the top.

Definitely learned from that mistake. Thanks for the help! Now on to finish up the project.

@nunju No worries! Glad that I could help!!

1 Like