Passing Exercise Tracker Test #4

I am working on the exercise tracker project, and I have been unable to pass the fourth test, which is adding an exercise. My code seems to be doing everything that it is supposed to do for that test. (Note: I have not attempted the last two tests yet because it seems like without this part they may not work either.) Does anyone have any suggestions as to why this test isn’t passing?

Thanks!

My code so far:

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:79.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/79.0.

Challenge: Exercise Tracker

Link to the challenge:

Hey Katharine,

you can have a look at the tests here:

Let us know if this helps you to solve it on your own.

1 Like

I tried to make sure I had everything it looks like they are checking for, but it still won’t pass. I am now passing all of the tests except for that one. Do you see what I might be missing? I added more fields to the myWorkout object because it looked like it may want that, but that didn’t fix it.

My code:

Hello there,

From what I can tell, the tests are not passing because of the date property. It has to be a dateString, and should be as easy to solve as date.toDateString()

I will point you to here to see the expected output:

Hope this helps

1 Like

Hi!

I hope that helps!

We have moved from Glitch to Repl.it

Curriculum HelpJavaScript

Aug 18

1 / 3

Aug 18

6d ago

RandellDawsonfreeCodeCamp.org Staff

11d

Due to recent problems with Glitch, we are recommending everyone to start using repl.it for the back-end Node challenges and certification projects. We have already merged this pull request to update all the existing Glitch demo projects and boilerplates used in the challenges to the corresponding repl.it equivalent.

If you have already started the challenges or projects in Glitch, you can continue to do so but be aware the tests may fail unexpectedly and/or you may not be able to access your project code. We highly suggest moving your existing code to the corresponding repl.it boilerplate to avoid further problems.

There are some differences between Glitch and repl.it that could cause some confusion:

• Repl.it does not appear to have something like nodemon implemented, so you must click Stop and click Run each time to see your changes and before resubmitting the solution (“live”) url of the back-end challenges.
  • Discovering the solution url (that needs to be submitted) is less straightforward. To access it, you need to click the Run button the first time which will run npm install and then npm start . Next, you will finally see something like the following. You then click the Open in new tab button located near the upper right-hand corner, which will open the solution url in a new browser tab.

In the above example, the solution url would be:

https://inconsequentialshallowscale--five-nine.repl.co/

If you experience any issues after this change is implemented, please let us know via the Contributor category or create a new issue on GitHub if it has not already been created.

Thank you for your understanding while we make this change.

1 Like

Thank you! That helped! I also realized that my “duration” section was outputting as a string instead of a number, and once I fixed that, it is now passing the tests.

1 Like

Great work,
glad you did it!

It’s always a good idea to have a look into the tests of the projects,
this will also teach you how to read and understand more advanced code.

1 Like