Pause vs Start_Stop - Build a 25 + 5 Clock

what is the purpose of using a “pause” btn with “start_stop” btn? within the FCC demonstration, the “pause” btn & “start_stop” btn’s #stop functionality does the same thing. why cant it be clicking stop will set session to => 00:00 and clicking pause will hold the current displayed value? I’ve halfway built my logic around this and when I ran test cases it doesn’t point-out a “pause” btn.

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:125.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/125.0

Challenge Information:

Front End Development Libraries Projects - Build a 25 + 5 Clock

Hello,
The meaning of ‘pause’ implies continuing from where it left off. Yes, you can say ‘pause’ will hold the current value, but you should implement this functionality with the id="start_stop" element. There is no definition or user story about the id=pause element. Additionally, you should include a ‘reset’ button as well. Although the id ‘start_stop’ may be somewhat confusing, but the user stories explain it well. Clicking this element should not reset the session to zero. Additionally, you can give visually name what do you want while keeping the id as specified as user stories. You can never predict what users want in real life! :sweat_smile:
Happy coding.

1 Like

It is the same button used for both icons.

<button id="start_stop">
  <i class="fa fa-play fa-2x"></i>
  <i class="fa fa-pause fa-2x"></i>
</button>

It’s just UI semantics. It might as well have been a button where the icon changed from play to pause on button click.

I will say the fact that you can “unpause” something you didn’t start is a little bit of questionable semantics. When the app first loads, a user would not expect pressing the pause button to start it.

1 Like

Exactly, the name-to-action is not matching at all. Plus there was no user-case for a pause btn, but it the demo it was presented. anyway I’ll go with the specified scenario. tnx for ur responses Mr. @lasjorg & Mr. @0x74h51N :v:.

1 Like