Periodic Table Database project (I misspelled! -solved- thank you Ilenia)

And I am indeed an idiot! Can’t believe I misspelled celsius thanks so much for pointing it out to me!

The second and third test are seemingly impossible to pass. I’ve used standard commands to achieve these simple tasks, even tried different variations of them. If I display my database table with \d properties everything is exactly as requested. I checked for typo’s, deleted my database, reset the lesson multiple times, deleted my database again, deleted the virtual machine, looked up someone on Youtube (thinking I must be stupid) doing this using the exact same commands that I do but they get a green tick instantly.

Again I have already tried deleting and restarting everything dozens of times. (See the tests and commands below) I hope someone can help me or the creator can fix this bug because I would love to complete this certification.

• You should rename the melting_point column to melting_point_celsius and the boiling_point column to boiling_point_celsius

• Your melting_point_celsius and boiling_point_celsius columns should not accept null values

periodic_table=> ALTER TABLE properties RENAME weight TO atomic_mass;

periodic_table=> ALTER TABLE properties RENAME melting_point TO melting_point_celcius;

periodic_table=> ALTER TABLE properties RENAME boiling_point TO boiling_point_celcius;

periodic_table=> ALTER TABLE properties ALTER COLUMN melting_point_celcius SET NOT NULL;

periodic_table=> ALTER TABLE properties ALTER COLUMN boiling_point_celcius SET NOT NULL;

check your spelling of celsius

2 Likes

And I am an idiot! I thank you so much :rofl:
I suspect I may never misspell celsius for the rest of my life!