Personal Porfolio to check

Hello guys! I recently finished my personal porfolio project here. It’s strictly HTML and CSS (no bootstrap or other HTML & CSS library). Just do that to be able to see if i am okay with the basic language (HTML, CSS) before moving forward!

Please take your time to catch a glance over it to see if i’m in the right path… Any feedback or constructive criticism would be greatly appreciated!

below is the link:
https://codepen.io/juniorthx3/full/MWgeKLm

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

please, use the appropriate category. I am moving your topic to #project-feedback subforum

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Hi,

I don’t realy like your red bars, but everything else looks good to me.
I especially like the way you used iframes.

Good job.

2 Likes

My suggestions:

• Link to your other codepen projects in a new tab, rather than running them within your portfolio. Running them inside your portfolio gives the user a very small screen to look at, so they don’t properly get to experience what you’ve built.

• Put the titles of your projects above the project, not below.

• Try adding this code to see if you like it:

html {
scroll-behavior: smooth;
}
1 Like

Thank you for checking out and your honesty!!

Thank you for checking out and your honestly! I certainly will try what you said!!!

Great work on the portfolio, it looks like you’re on the right path to me.
I have a few suggestions to improve the page.

Your contact section, div.contact-message, looks like it needs some padding. In your CSS, try adding padding: 4rem; to your .contact-message ruleset.

I would also recommend changing the red background on your bars to a lighter color. Personally, I use this website to find Hexadecimal colors for my personal projects.

1 Like

Hi @birkhoff, your page looks good. Some things you may want to revisit;

• codepen only expects the code you’d put within the <body> </body> tags in HTML. (No need to include the body tags). For anything you want to add to the <head> click on the ‘Settings’ button and add it into the ‘Stuff for <head>’ box.
    • the link to font awesome belongs in the <head> not header.
  • codepen provides validators for HTML, CSS and JS. Click on the down arrow in the upper right of each section and then click on the respective ‘Analyze’ link.
    • you have duplicates in CSS that affect how your page displays
    • in HTML you have improper use of some elements and invalid elements
1 Like

Make the headings on the site a little minimalistic, also change the social ions size make it small

1 Like

Thanks a lot! I’m sure going to follow your guidance!!

Thanks! I’m going to check that!

Thank your for checking out. Ok i’ll do that

Hello @Meditsh, @michel-z, @WalrusPrince16, @Roma, @zippytyro
I corrected the porfolio page follow your lead.
I hope i didn’t messed up…
Can you check and see if everything is okay now! Thanks in advance!
https://codepen.io/juniorthx3/full/MWgeKLm

Now the other projects is linked to a new tab through the title of the project and i also put them above as suggested.
I also use iframe so user can have the choice in running my project in a new tab or in the page and so on…

Great job, the page looks much better now

1 Like

You did a great job on picking the backgrounds.
I love your animations!

I really like the glowing text, but maybe make each one glow a color that is similar to the background behind it.

How cool is that!! You can RUN PENS inside of your portfolio??
That, my friend is something I have never seen before. Great job on that.

One of the most creative portfolios I’ve ever witnessed before. I really appreciate the work you put into this.

Keep on coding!

1 Like

Your page seems very good to me, far far way better than anything I did.

My personnal taste… i dislike your project tiltes colors (background : red / hover font colors = green)
If it wasn’t for that (which is very personnal) i would say this is just perfect.

You can now fill it with others projects

1 Like