Personal Portfolio Almost Complete Please Help

OK so I am almost finished with my portfolio site.
The site is modular in design utilizing gulp automation, sprites, HTML5, CSS3,
NodeJS, JQuery and more… (I do not have express or react or redux loaded it seems JQuery is the way not sure

)

Note: This form is on a lightbox pop up that covers the entire screen and has about .86 opacity this is why you can see the website slightly in the background…

#1 The part I am stuck on is sending form data when user types into the contact form… I do not need async behavior it seems,
because it only should send data when the user clicks the submit button…

#2 It seems the data should go to Mongodb: Full Name, Email and How can I help… (text area)

#3 After the data gets sent to the data base it should clear the form data and I should some how be able to retrieve it on my local machine…

Requirements:

A.) It seems the data should be encrypted even though its just 3 fields and not critical…
B.) Are we going to have problems with bots like on wordpress sites?? How to easily stop bot signups…
C.) The reason I choose mongodb for this is for learning purpose, yet if there is a much easier way that is nice please tell me…as this seems really difficult.

Here is my package JSON perhaps if you see what I have you can recommend a process that will work nicely:
{
“name”: “travel-site”,
“version”: “1.0.0”,
“dependencies”: {
“jquery”: “^3.1.1”,
“jquery-smooth-scroll”: “^2.1.2”,
“lazysizes”: “^3.0.0-rc4”,
“normalize.css”: “^5.0.0”,
“picturefill”: “^3.0.2”,
“waypoints”: “^4.0.1”
},
“devDependencies”: {
“autoprefixer”: “^6.7.2”,
“babel-core”: “^6.23.1”,
“babel-loader”: “^6.3.0”,
“babel-preset-es2015”: “^6.22.0”,
“browser-sync”: “^2.18.7”,
“del”: “^2.2.2”,
“gulp”: “^3.9.1”,
“gulp-cssnano”: “^2.1.2”,
“gulp-imagemin”: “^3.1.1”,
“gulp-modernizr”: “^1.0.0-alpha”,
“gulp-postcss”: “^6.3.0”,
“gulp-rename”: “^1.2.2”,
“gulp-rev”: “^7.1.2”,
“gulp-svg-sprite”: “^1.3.1”,
“gulp-svg2png”: “^0.3.0”,
“gulp-uglify”: “^2.0.1”,
“gulp-usemin”: “^0.3.28”,
“gulp-watch”: “^4.3.11”,
“postcss-hexrgba”: “^0.2.1”,
“postcss-import”: “^9.1.0”,
“postcss-mixins”: “^5.4.1”,
“postcss-nested”: “^1.0.0”,
“postcss-simple-vars”: “^3.0.0”,
“webpack”: “^2.2.1”
}
}

Thank you, so much for helping me get through this difficult problem… will be done with front end certification very soon after this…

I’m not sure what your question is, exactly, but I’m getting the impression that you haven’t considered having the form send you an email. NodeMailer is great. Don’t store messages on your server, just have it relay the message to you.

That seems surprizingly easy actually… so no other dependancies just load that up and it will shoot me a gmail… ? I will have to read over that again on my linux box im on android now…
Ultimately I would like be able to create an entire login system with database. Thank you

You can also use https://formspree.io/ for mail.

Looks nifty. thanks for sharing!

yes @ GregoryGoncalves currently using formspree.io … and resizing images on gimp.

Apparently with cross device compatibility we use many views of the same image such that the end user only downloads the appropriate size relative to device size upon site load. Then hopefully I can get it back on github sites without it exploding…
the good news is I now know how to recover github repositories from the Abyss now. :wink: