Personal Portfolio - Feedback Appreciated

Personal Portfolio - Feedback Appreciated
0.0 0

Hello All,

This is my first post and I’ve really been enjoying freeCodeCamp so far. I’m not much of a designer, but I love how easy Bootstrap makes it to create a decent looking, responsive website. I would greatly appreciate any feedback you have on my Personal Portfolio web page:

https://codepen.io/monksy/pen/LdRpbv

The one issue I really struggled with was that adding .container-fluid seemed to add padding on the left and right. When I tried to remove it by setting padding-left/right to 0 on .container-fluid, then I would get an annoying horizontal scroll bar. After much Googling and trial & error, below is the combination that worked for me. Please let me know if you’re aware of a more graceful way.

.container-fluid {
  height: 100%;
  padding-right: 0;
  padding-left: 0;
}

/* remove margin which results in horizontal scroll bar with .container-fluid */
.row {
  margin: 0px;
}

Thanks!

nice job!
I like what you’re doing teaching in your daughter’s class.

I notice 3 of your codepen portfolio return just 404 not found. wrong link?

Good catch… I forgot to update those relative links. They’re fixed now. Thanks owel!

Doing the Hour of Code was really fun. I wasn’t sure how it would go with 4 year olds, but they all had a blast building a project with Scratch Jr.

Actually your design layout is very good. Good job!

Thanks a lot! I design very much by trial & error - it’s slow, but eventually I come up with something that I like :slightly_smiling_face:. I’m hoping it will get easier over time.