Personal portfolio -Maree16

it is my personal portfolio .would love for some review and suggestions

Its quite nice, I like the scroll effect and slide in menu buttons. And it passes all the tests!

I would probably change a few things though.

Colour contrast: Black on blue doesn’t work very, even with the white shadow. I’d probably go with white, with slightly larger text for all the project titles.

The links at the top go black and the box goes dark grey. That could probably be changed too, so it’s clearly visible when your mouse is over it.

The portfolio elements jump a little bit when the mouse moves over them. Something not quite right there.

Finally, the bottom social icons also jump when hovered over. If you a 3px solid transparent border at the top and bottom and swap transparency on hover, it won’t jump about but still keep that effect.

#profile-link {
    margin-left: 34px;
    text-decoration: none;
    width: 180px;
    padding: 20px;
    border-left: 3px dotted #000000;
    border-right: 3px dotted #000000;
    border-top: 3px dotted transparent;
    border-bottom: 3px dotted transparent;
}

#profile-link:hover {
    border-left-color: transparent;
    border-right-color: transparent;
    border-top-color: #00BFFF;
    border-bottom-color: #00BFFF;
}
1 Like

Thank u fr ur kind response i will fix that n i ll let u know if u dun mind to have another look at it?:slight_smile:

I really like the animated background you implemented at the welcome section.

There are some things you need to change for the improvement of your awesome project:

• When I click the “know me more” button, I get a pretty weird result.

There seems to be a few div’s covering up the text and making it invisible. Try and remove those.

• In the contact section, there are too many <hr> tags. It’s best not to use too many of those.

• When I hover over the profile links, their borders appear to be a bit flashy. Try not to make them resize when hovered over. When they do that, the discharge a slightly bothering effect.

• Try to fix the box-shadows of your project cards. Their opacity is too great.

Overall, you did a great job on everything else. Keep up the great work.

1 Like

Hey there thank you for your response i will update it and i will let you know .
But dare i ask which browser you are using i checked that on firefox and chrome i didnt see such effect .please do let me know

1 Like

That’s weird. I was using chrome.

@ConnerOw1115 kindly please check this

again and let me know

I can’t see any changes in your portfolio. The weird invisible div effect is still there. Have you tried adjusting the z-index of the “about you” text?