Personal portfolio Rwd Project feedback

Hi Everyone, I am doing my last Responsive Web Design project. I would love your feedback https://codepen.io/uzairasif2002/full/qBXKNYw

Hey there @mianuzair971,

You’re off to a great start with this project. Here’s a couple of thoughts:

The text against the image background can make it very difficult to read. A good work around for this is to apply a semi-transparent background to the text container to help increase the context.

Aesthetics are very much a personal choice, but to me, these images look haphazard because they are not the same size.

A couple of thoughts on this one. The “Let’s work together…” text changes colour on hover, but is not a link. Directly below it are links that also change colour. This creates a bit of a confusing UX as one would expect “Let’s work together” to also be a link, since it has similar behaviour.

Also, your links here don’t match the colour scheme of your links in the nav bar.

1 Like

Your portfolio looks good @mianuzair971. Some things to revisit;

• Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
    • There is an HTML syntax/coding error you should be aware of and address.
      Since copy/paste from codepen you can ignore the first warning and first two errors.
  • Codepen provides validators for HTML, CSS and JS. Click on the chevron in the upper right of each section and then click on the respective ‘Analyze’ link.
    • The one for CSS is good. Use it and address the issue(s). (be wary of duplicating property: value; pairs
      (The one for HTML misses things which is why I recommend W3C)

As mentioned, it would look better if your screenshots were the same size.
If you’re not aware, codepen creates large and small screenshots of your pens that can be used in your portfolio. Their official documentation explains how to access them.

2 Likes