Personal Portfolio_SK

Hi Guys!

So with the amount of time I had left, I had to quickly finish up my last project.

As a beginner, there is so much I need and want to learn. And trying to bundle everything up is OVERWHELMING! :laughing:
I would really appreciate any constructive comments to all my work, as it will encourage and help me, hopefully become a web developer in the future.

Thank you so much!
https://codepen.io/shaniakond/full/PoGBQGj

These were the previous four projects I completed.

Tribute: Dr. Thomas Wainggai (codepen.io)

Sleeping Pattern Survey Form (codepen.io)

Landing Page: Bilum | My Story (codepen.io)

Flexible Box (codepen.io)

Your portfolio page looks good @ShaniaKond. Some things to revisit;

• Is there a reason you selected the SCSS preprocessor when all of your code is straight CSS?
  • To visualize how you have your elements set up when narrowing the browser window add the following as the first line in CSS;
* {
  border: solid 1px red;
}
1 Like

Building on what @Roma said, I would suggest you use a narrow-first approach for designing your portfolio page. Narrow your browser as skinny as it will go and style your page so it looks good at that narrow width. This will be your base CSS. Then gradually widen your browser until you feel you have enough horizontal room to change the layout. This will be your first break point. Use min-width for the break point and I would highly recommend you use em units instead of px.

Keep gradually widening and adding more break points as needed.

2 Likes

I don’t know why I selected the SCSS.

I’m always having trouble with the Responsive part but eventually, I’ll understand it better after lots of practice.

Much appreciated and thank you for taking the time to comment.

I see how that will help me improve, especially with being able to make the web page responsive. I’m gonna keep working on it. Thank you so much! I appreciate it!

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.