Personal Portfolio, unleash your inner critic :)

Hey guys,

I did my very best creating this, it’s a work in progress :lizard:, please let me know what you think :nerd_face:

Thanks!

9 Likes

Hi Annestezia.

You have one of the most original portfolio pages I have ever seen! Nicely done. I would say try to add some more content, but its not bad. Also, you probably don’t need the About link on the Nav bar since its right there at the top anyway. Keep up the good work! :+1:

Alex

1 Like

Hi, Alex,

Thanks for your time! You’re too kind :blush:

Do you mean visual content or actual, like a more detailed ‘about myself’ essay?

Can’t say much about the code, but design-wise i really love this layout. Simple, legible, functional, natural, without any unnecessary elements, shiny photos or colorfull backgrounds.

The only feedback i can give is that “projects” grid looks good on smaller screens (mobile and tablet sizes), but on bigger resolutions (>1500 px) it becomes really small. Maybe scaling it up for bigger displays would be good idea.

2 Likes

I love the everything on that page! I was just wondering how you made those pencil-like lines…I didn’t see it in the CSS nor the HTML.

The only thing is that the text is a bit small on large screens.

1 Like

Soo great original design idea , Well Done :pray:

1 Like

Thank you! Feels good to see someone like-minded :wink: I know it looks horrible on larger screens, but don’t have a decent layout idea …yet :roll_eyes:

Thanks!
You’re right, I should probably stop ignoring css frameworks , and take a proper care of typography :upside_down_face:

As for lines, it’s gradient

body {
    background: repeating-linear-gradient(0deg,rgba(0,0,0,.0784314) -1px,rgba(5,5,3,.00392157) 1px,transparent 25px),#f5f2f0;

Might not be the the best solution, but it is what it is :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Great work, love it! The overall design is unique. You have so many projects to show off too. This is my next project on the curriculum btw. I’m trying to come with an original idea for the overall look and feel.

1 Like

I think it looks awesome. Very well done.

It’s difficult to make these portfolios look nice. I’ve created a portfolio, it passes all the FCC tests, but it looks like it was made by a fifth grade student. Yours it great.

1 Like

Thanks a lot! If you care about how it would feel, I’m sure you will create something amazing ! :wink:

1 Like

Thank you so much! :blush:
I have passed all the tests quite a while ago, it’s actually v4.123.123 I think lol
still not fully satisfying, I know you didn’t ask for any advice, but do use typography and grid from some framework (bootstrap or anything), or create you own, and a cool color pattern, it makes things soo much easier and better, at least that’s what I’m planning to do next time :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I love the grid display to show your projects, very clean.

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile: At this point I’m almost certain that the grid design was a big mistake :sweat_smile:
It doesn’t have enough space to actually describe projects

That shouldn’t be too hard to fix, have you started the job search yet?

Well maybe, but I want to redesign it completely, it’s more creative than technical… not sure if it’s worth it though :woman_shrugging:

Yep, I started job search kindof… I didn’t apply, it’s one of the options yet to explore :slight_smile:

I agree with the other feedback - this is a really nice portfolio design!

The grid is great - keep it and make it scale up for larger screens. I wouldn’t worry about adding text to describe each project because you can store that on Github - less text is always better.

I’d say you should add LinkedIn, etc icons to your footer/contact section, update your copyright year to 2020.

Well done!

1 Like

Hey Annestezia,

great work, I like it!

Ideas:

• the spacing between the different sections (About, Projects, Contacts) is inconsistent, meaning the content is good to read (About section), but it overflows the viewport (Projects section) and the Contact section content is placed at the bottom
1 Like

Thank you! :blush:

It’s true that the info about projects is available on github, there’s a question: would a really busy person go extra mile to find it?(there’s no link to repo, only to demo :frowning: )
Don’t think so :slight_smile:
Which brings me to a perfect scenario rule: important information must be 0-1 click away, and +1 to ’ got to amend this design’ thought lol

About copyright: I’ve been thinking about it, added current year with js at some point, then came across a discussion on topic: copyright basically says ‘I created this in year xxxx’ so the earlier I declare, that it’s something I created, the better, and probably the best option for this would be something like “xxxx - currentYear”, which I wouldn’t want to track manually lol

And yep thank you, I probably sould add linkedin profile… if I ever finish it, it’s a bit too official and serious, you can’t get away with simple things :confused:

1 Like

This is awesome, inspiring, and refreshing! :smiley:

1 Like