Personal Portfolio Webpage Certification Project BUG

Tell us what’s happening:

I believe there is a bug with one of the requisites.
This is the requisite: " Your portfolio should contain at least one element with a class of project-tile ." It is the 5th one. Doesn’t meter what I do it always fails. It is the only requisite missing for me to be able to get the certificate. Already tested on another browser. Please help.

Your code so far

<!-- example of another requisite working as intended -->
<span id="welcome-section"></span>

<!-- none of these make the 5th requisite work -->
<h1 class="project-tile"></h1>
<h2 class="project-tile"></h2>
<p class="project-tile"></p>
<p class="PROJECT-TILE"></p>
<p id="project-tile"></p>
<p id="project-title"></p>

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/104.0.5112.81 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Personal Portfolio Webpage - Build a Personal Portfolio Webpage

Link to the challenge:

Please share your full code. A syntax error above this point can break your HTML and prevent this part from ever actually happening.

you can see the full code here, but that’s not it, as you can see in the first post I made, I tried only that code I posted, trying to make the 5th requisite work, and it doesn’t, even on a fresh code.

1 Like

is that code pen what you are making now or are you in a free code camp challenge? as you said further up.

i’m on the freecodecamp, just posted on the codepen so you can see the code, just copy and paste.

You do have a bunch of stray </a> that need to be removed. Is literally everything on your page a link?

Indeed there was some wrong a closing tags. I removed them, what more can I do to make the 5th requisite work?

Found it. title and tile are different.

assert.isAbove(
  document.querySelectorAll('#projects .project-tile').length,
);

In the projects section you have class="project-title".

1 Like

thank you, I didn’t payed attention that the element with the class needed to be within the #project element.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.