PHP Mail Logs flooded with GET requests

How do I keep my phpmail.log file from filling up with all these annoying GET requests?

" 10.4.30.94 - - [25/Mar/2021:17:52:02 -0500] “GET /sites/all/modules/contrib/google_analytics/googleanalytics.js?qqjri4 HTTP/1.1” 200 6260 "

Hundreds of these in the log every day!

Hello!

You can configure the server to not log those requests. How? That will depend on how you set up the sever. Commonly, though, the Apache configuration is under /etc/apache2/sites-available/the-domain-of-your-site.something. There should be a line like LogLevel.

Read about it in the Apache documentation: Log Files - Apache HTTP Server Version 2.4, especially the AccessLog.

1 Like

Thank ya, sir… looks like I got little bit of homework to do this weekend, haha.

1 Like

I assumed you had set up the server and not using a managed hosting (that has CPanel, for instance). If you’re using one, you may be able to configure it, but I don’t know how (though you should be able to contact support).

Nah, I have access to everything in /wamp, but of course we’ve been running on the minimal config for the longest time. So I guess this weekend is a pretty good time for some apache housekeeping.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.