Pixel Art Maker Tutorial

Pixel Art Maker Tutorial

Okay, so as part of the Udacity “Grow with Google” Scholarship Program, we have to make a pixel art maker using tables. So, what I did was took the project and re-enginnered it to use HTML5 canvas. Then, I decided to write a tutorial on Medium of how I did it.

I’ve never written a tutorial before, or even an article for Medium. Tell me what you guys think. Any constructive criticism is welcome.

Very good but the quotes don’t work if copy/pasted.
I get:

• SyntaxError: illegal character

Not sure if this is country or keyboard specific.

Also

• The character encoding of the HTML document was not declared. The document will render with garbled text in some browser configurations if the document contains characters from outside the US-ASCII range. The character encoding of the page must be declared in the document or in the transfer protocol.

Could it be that the syntax error is because the character encoding is not declared? Which character is coming up as illegal?

Okay, so I created my own repository and have all the code from Part 1 on it. I know the readme still has a lot to be desired, but does the code from Part1 at least work?

The problem is with the article quotes.
They appear as back or front double quotes instead of "

eg here there is a mixture of quotes <canvas id=”pixelCanvas” width=”400" height=”400"></canvas>
Can you edit the article?

Okay, it should be fixed now.