Please critique Brad's pomodoro timer!

Hi coders!

This is my timer here : https://blbaylis.github.io/pomodoro-timer.

What do you like about it? What do you dislike about it? How could it be improved?

Any feedback is very welcome!

Edit : By the way, the timers will be set initially to 25 mins work and 5 mins break, it is just like this for demo purposes right now.

Hi Randell,

1. Is this in regard to the numbers moving left and right? If so, I hadn’t noticed that before now! When you say non-fixed width font are you referring to the choice of font family or do you think it was a result of css?

2. I will implement this, great idea.

3. Oh dear, thanks for spotting this. I noticed initially you said you did play, stop, volume, stop before ascertaining the speaker was an overall problem, which is a quite specific combination Was this something that crops up often and quite methodical? I want to start spotting these issues more effectively myself. Either way thanks again, I better get back to work!

It does definitely seem like my bias towards how i intend it be used got in the way of proper testing. I dread to think of what I’ve missed on other apps, let alone this one.

As for this one, I’m starting to worry the Javascript is fundmentally flawed :confused:. I will have to be more thoughtful in future.

This looks very useful, I’ve never enjoyed not knowing confidently what effect a change I make may have on the whole and it is a feeling I encounter often!

In my tic-tac-toe, I actually ran through a function that simulated the game by assigned the user random moves many times and output the moves when the computer lost, so I suppose I have ran into this before without realising. I really should just start applying this to everything.