Please excuse me, I'm new here

So i’m in love with coding and free code camp. I watching all kinds of videos and currently i’m in the building my personal portfolio section. Being that I’m still in the “hatchling” phase, its very difficult to trouble shoot issues with my codes. I’ve built out my portfolio on codepen and for some reason I’ve got a very strange issue going on that I cant seem to figure out. Any thoughts or input would be great as to what is causing the issue. It will be very easy to see the issue with my project. Any thoughts would be great.

I tried to use margin-left:auto; and margin-right:auto; on the images but that did not solve the problem

Well for some reason I’ve got this weird white block next to the images on page 2, 3 and 4 and I cant figure out how to get the images to stretch back over that area.

Thanks very much - as for the syntax errors, I actually wanted to have the icons and copy in the same button, im not sure if this is affecting the pages performance abilities at all???

as far as .nav-pills I was under the impression that i needed that to style the buttons? again, you’ll have to excuse my ignorance in these subjects.

copy = twitter
copy = facebook
etc etc.

Just the names of the icons and sites they link to

actually that was just left over from some “playing around” i was doing earlier. its just “toxic waste”

so I went back and was playing with .nav-pills , margin-bottom:10%; and what I needed to accomplish was moving he red box down on the page, so adding the margin-bottom;10%; seemed to accomplish this for me.

Hey Randell - thanks so much for the great advice so far! I’m having trouble with this piece of code you gave me. I implemented this code but the link just goes to a blank page. I’m confused.

Could it have anything to do with there being 2 of each link, 1 link to each social media account on page one and 1 link to each social media account on page four?

Epic! worked perfectly! thank you so much!

@camperextraordinaire could it be that the white bar issue is happening because of the problem down on page 3 with the placeholder’s being in a funky setup? I’m just wondering if those placeholders where ordered properly if that could solve the issue? I’ve been stuck trying to figure out what happened with the top two place holders on page 3.

@camperextraordinaire So I updated the code with the changes. I believe I did it correctly as the page did not loose any functionality or become anymore distorted than it already is.

Desktop Vs. Mobile -

I was just trying to use the col-md-6 function to create an organized layout for the placeholders.

I’d simply like the desktop and mobile look / layout to remain similar in style and function with each other.

I’m having a hard time pin-pointing why the two top placeholders on page 3 are in the positions they are.

yes thanks - basically I was just trying to show / represent that I was able to build the functionality for multiple links on that page. This will be a “major” work in progress for me as I learn and build more projects to insert into those place holder spaces. Thank you so much for helping me with all these issues.

done thanks!

I’m having issues with the social media buttons on page 4 being “squished up” I’d like them to be formatted into a nice column if possible. It may have to do with the way the image is being sized, or maybe the footer has an incorrect margin or padding?