Please give Feedback for my Survey Form

Hey all, this is my survey form https://codepen.io/hemanthraj77/pen/qBBwYRj . Please give me feedback for the same.

1 Like

Hello throttlemaster,

I like the layout and presentation of your survey form. I am particularly impressed with all the text fields only accepting the correct information.

Some possible improvements:

1. Change the colour of the first paragraph (it is difficult to read)
  2. Questions 6,8,9, and 10 are not the types of question that require checkboxes; I would suggest making them radio selections.
  1. will do that change.
    2.i had them as radio at first but for the whole page it accepts only one radio button for an answer, I wasn’t able to select more than one question.
    If you know the code please do guide me?
    Thanks for the feedback.

For the radio buttons, they are grouped using the name attribute. So, if you give each question a different name value, then you will be able to select multiple sets of options.

For reference:

Note: The radio group must have share the same name (the value of the name attribute) to be treated as a group. Once the radio group is created, selecting any radio button in that group automatically deselects any other selected radio button in the same group. You can have as many radio groups on a page as you want, as long as each group has its own name.

w3schools

Hope that helps

Hi @throttlemaster77, your page looks good. A few things to revisit;

• Take care of the things that @Sky020 mentioned. Also;
  • Keep the test script when forking the pen (<script src="https://cdn.freecodecamp.org/testable-projects-fcc/v1/bundle.js"></script>). Your page passes 10/17 user stories.
  • codepen provides validators for HTML, CSS and JS. Click on the down arrow in the upper right of each section and then click on the respective ‘Analyze’ link.
    • There are some things in the HTML section you can clean up though you can ignore where it says the cols and rows attributes are required. codepen is using an older validator I think and those two things are no longer true.

Thanks a lot that will help me out.

Thanks, i didn’t know Codepen had an inbuilt validator tool.