Please help is needed in step 16

Hello everyone. Please how do I add the class one to the first marker

element. Should i just write class one or RGB?

**Your code so far**
/* file: index.html */
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
  <meta charset="utf-8">
  <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0">
  <title>Colored Markers</title>
  <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="styles.css">
</head>
<body>
  <h1>CSS Color Markers</h1>
  <div class="container">
    <div class="marker"><class="one">
    </div>
    <div class="marker">
    </div>
    <div class="marker">
    </div>
  </div>
</body>
</html>
/* file: styles.css */
h1 {
text-align: center;
}

.marker {
width: 200px;
height: 25px;
background-color: red;
margin: 10px auto;
}

**Your browser information:**

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/102.0.5005.63 Safari/537.36 Edg/102.0.1245.30

Challenge: Step 16

Link to the challenge:

You can have multiple class names in one class attribute by splitting them with spaces:

<elem class="firstClass secondClass thirdClass"></elem>

Did you get the idea?

<div class="marker" class one>
      </div>
      <div class="marker">
      </div>
      <div class="marker">
      </div>
``

I really didn't get the idea. I am trying to understand :sweat: but it keeps eluding me

You want the first div to have the classes of marker and one, I’m not sure how to give you more info without giving the solution. But going back to what I’ve said, marker is the “firstClass” and one is the “secondClass”. I hope this was more clear

1 Like

I don’t want the solution. Just more explanation like you just did. I will get it eventually. Thanks a lot.

I think, you may need to check the docs for more info on this

The upper text in the challenge is description of the purpose of the upcoming challenges.
The task is put in the last sentence :

You need to figure out how to add a second class to the first <div> representing a marker. You alreayd got some good hints from other peers so you should be close to figure it out, but in case you dont manage feel free to write back.
If you messed up with the code, you can also click the “Restart Step” button in the top middle of the screen, to revert code to the default.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.