Please help me,take a look at :Cash Register

Tell us what’s happening:
Hi everyone, I’ve been stuck on this test for three days now. This is the code I wrote according to my idea, but it doesn’t run successfully. It only returns: Array [ “ONE HUNDRED”, 0 ] each time
I’m not quite sure what’s wrong, please help me.
Thank you all.

**Your code so far**

function checkCashRegister(price, cash, cid) {
var change=cash-price; //Change should be given
var sumCid=0;   //How much money is in the cash register in total
var realChange=[];  //The final returned two-dimensional array of change
var unitNum=[0.01,0.05,0.1,0.25,1,5,10,20,100] //Denomination
var n=0;  //Maximum number of change for the same denomination
for (let i=0;i<cid.length;i++) {
sumCid+=cid[i][1]   //figure out sumcid
}
if (cash>sumCid) {  //If you can't change it at the beginning, return to
 return {status: "INSUFFICIENT_FUNDS", change: []};
}else if (cash===sumCid) {  //If you can find the change directly, return
return {status: "CLOSED", change: [cid]};
}else if (cash<sumCid) {  //If the total amount in the cash register can cover change
 for (var i=unitNum.length - 1;i>=0;i--) {  //Reverse traversal of par value arrays
   if (change>=unitNum[i]&&change<=cid[i][1]) {  //Find the denomination of change just greater than or equal to and the current denomination has that much change
     for (let n=0;n<=(cid[i][1]/unitNum[i]);n++) { //Find the exact size of the n
        //Change minus the most money you can find for the current denomination
    return change=change-unitNum[i]*n;
     }
 } 
 return realChange.concat([cid[i][0],unitNum[i]*n])//Concatenate the denominations and values of the found change into a two-dimensional array.
   } 
   }
  else if (change===0) {
     return {status: "OPEN", change: realChange}
   }

}
checkCashRegister(19.5, 20, [["PENNY", 1.01], ["NICKEL", 2.05], ["DIME", 3.1], ["QUARTER", 4.25], ["ONE", 90], ["FIVE", 55], ["TEN", 20], ["TWENTY", 60], ["ONE HUNDRED", 100]]);
   **Your browser information:**

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:95.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/95.0

Challenge: Cash Register

Link to the challenge:

You have a return in the middle of your code. and a return will return whatever value you put in it and stop the function right there.

else if (cash<sumCid) {  //If the total amount in the cash register can cover change
 for (var i=unitNum.length - 1;i>=0;i--) {  //Reverse traversal of par value arrays
   if (change>=unitNum[i]&&change<=cid[i][1]) {  //Find the denomination of change just greater than or equal to and the current denomination has that much change
     for (let n=0;n<=(cid[i][1]/unitNum[i]);n++) { //Find the exact size of the n
        //Change minus the most money you can find for the current denomination
//
    return change=change-unitNum[i]*n;
//This ^^^ will probably be a problem later on
     }
 } 

//
 return realChange.concat([cid[i][0],unitNum[i]*n])//Concatenate the denominations and values of the found change into a two-dimensional array.
//This return here is our problem ^^^ for now

So its getting here and sending that value, then stopping the function.

You also have some var's in there. You are better off using let and const at this point. For example var unitNum is your denomination amounts, which should not be changed, and is better off being set with a const.

1 Like

thank you.i will try to change my code.