Please help me understand the use of Redux!

I don’t really get the use of Redux, and about Redux stores.

First of all, please ask a specific question. Vague questions get vague answers. Specific questions get better answers, both in quality and quantity.

Secondly It is 100% normal to be confused about Redux at first. You just learned React which is such a strange way of thinking. And now they introduce Redux, which I think is even weirder. It seems so unnecessarily complicated. But if you stick with it, you will find it eventually makes sense and can be quite powerful and elegant.

So, don’t be concerned if Redux seems bizarre and difficult at first - you’re in good company.

1 Like

Hi @MilkyG !

I agree with @kevinSmith on asking specific questions.

But if you want to learn more about redux, why not learn from the guy who created it.

2 Likes

Redux might seem like a too much effort for too little, at first, but it really shines when you have to deal with larger state for your components. I recently was working on a project and as i was adding content, i had to add state values as well. At some point it got so extensive that i had to manipulate over douzen of state variables and it was hard to keep track of what should be updated. With redux, it can take a while to set up a good structure of your state and a good reducer, but once thats done, its so much more simple to work with your app state.

2 Likes

Yes, definitely. I didn’t understand why I was learning redux until my projects got bigger. A lot of the learning projects seem silly with redux, but it’s easier to learn on a small project, so it’s worth it.

2 Likes

Thanks, I will do my best to be proficient in Redux.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.