Please help me with the Survey Form

is true because i have a lot mistakes ,

A big part of learning to code includes reading and solving errors. To solve this errors. I am going to go through some of the errors and you can use the rest as practice.

Let’s go through this step by step. You can look at what the errors are if you click on that red button.

1. Your first error is this

A-Pen-by-paooo-F

it says you need to have an id of title on your h1.

this can be solved if you change this

<h1>cartagena</h1>

to

<h1 id="title">cartagena</h1>
  1. The same goes for your second error you just need to add an id of “description” to the p tag so it looks something like this.
<p id="description">
</p>
  1. Your third error is this.

A-Pen-by-paooo-Fs

The problem with your code is that you’re getting this error is that you do not have a form tag. you need to include it and have all of your inputs and labels inside of it and finally add an id of “survey-form” to it so your end result looks something like

<form id="survey-form">
</form>

Hi again!

In order to claim the certificate, all five of your projects must have all tests passing.

The tribute page I helped you with earlier is currently passing 2/10 tests.
And the survey form, is currently passing 3/17 tests.

I would suggest working through these tests in order and only moving to the next one when that current test passes.

Hope that helps!

2 Likes

If you want to find and solve errors in your html code you can use the HTML analyze tool that codepen provided which you can find by

ezgif.com-gif-maker(2)

if you’re still struggling then i would suggest you to revisit the html and css section.

Hope this helped! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@paooof, when a test fails, click the red button to see which test(s) are failing and text to help you correct the issue.

• Be sure and read more than just the first line of the failing message. The ability to read and comprehend error messages is a skill you’ll need to acquire as a developer. Ask questions on what you don’t understand.

The first failing test says

I can see a short explanation with id="description" in P sized text.
There should be an element with id="description" : expected null to not equal null
AssertionError: There should be an element with id="description" : expected null to not equal null

Do you see what the test is looking for? If not, ask so we can help without giving you a direct answer.

thanks roma but now i am retorn with other challenge , how is the correct form for the main

I’m sorry, I don’t understand your question.
What other challenge?

And have you corrected the first error message that shows? I still see it. Make sure you save your changes.

1 Like

hi i’m a new student of html i use freecodecamp i’d done all the tests exept the one which i should have a image should have a

src

attribute that points to the kitten image.

please i need a help because i cannot figured out !!!

HI! Welcome to freecodecamp’s forums.
Instead of replying to others , you should write a post explaing the issue you are facing as well a link to your codepen so its easier for others to help you.

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: I need help passing tribute page tests

Hi @hafsaazzouzi15 !

Welcome to the forum!

In order to create a new post, please use the ask for help button in the challenge and it will generate your code and the challenge link.

Thanks!

Tell us what’s happening:
Describe your issue in detail here.

Your code so far

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/91.0.4472.114 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Build a Survey Form

Link to the challenge:

Hello there.

Do you have a question?

If so, please edit your post to include it in the Tell us what’s happening section.

Learning to describe problems is an important part of learning how to code.

Also, the more information you give us, the more likely we are to be able to help.

When a test fails click the red button to see which test(s) are failing and text to help you correct the issue.

• Be sure and read more than just the first line of the failing message. The ability to read and comprehend error messages is a skill you’ll need to acquire as a developer. Ask questions on what you don’t understand.

The first failing message says

I can see a short explanation with id="description" in P sized text.
#description should be in P sized text : expected 'DIV' to equal 'P'
AssertionError: #description should be in P sized text : expected 'DIV' to equal 'P'

Do you understand what the test is looking for?

hi could you help me with this

The placeholder attribute in your name input should have a placeholder=“1” or something else and right now it’s

<input type="number" name="Number" id="number"
 min="21" max="70" placeholder>

as you can see you do not have a value set to it yet.

the next problem is in your radio buttons. which it seems like you dont have any. add some radio buttons and the make them one radio group that should solve your problem ! :slight_smile:

1 Like

OK …NOW in this User Story #11: For the name, email, and number input fields, I can see placeholder text that gives me a description or instructions for each field. i dont understand.look

<label id="name-label" for="Name">Name:</label><br>
      <input type="text" name="Name" id="name" placeholder="Juan" required><br><br>

<label id="email-label" for="E-mail">E-mail:</label><br>
  <input type="email" name="E-mail" id="email" placeholder="sweet@gmail.com" required><br><br>

<label id="number-label" for="Number">Number:<label><br>
  <input type="number" name="Number" id="number" min="21" max="70" placeholder><br><br>

There’s no value given to your paceholder attribute for number input

<input type="number" name="Number" id="number" min="21" max="70" placeholder>

ps using <br> for spacing is a bad practice, use css margin/padding

1 Like

I’ve edited your post for readability. When you enter a code block into a forum post, please precede it with a separate line of three backticks and follow it with a separate line of three backticks to make it easier to read.

You can also use the “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) to add backticks around text.

See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard.
Note: Backticks (`) are not single quotes (’).

As stated previously, click the red button to see which test(s) are failing and text to help you correct the issue.

The failing message says

For the name, email, and number input fields, I can see placeholder text that gives me a description or instructions for each field.'
The number input field's placeholder attribute should have some text for its value : expected 0 to be above 0
AssertionError: The number input field's placeholder attribute should have some text for its value : expected 0 to be above 0

Notice that the message tells you what it’s looking for and why it’s failing.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.