I’m totally at a loss i have know idea what to do please help me.
my work so far-https://codepen.io/kosmicMillard/pen/NWRXzqW
Please forgive me for this situation im totally new to coding and im really, really lost i need help with the 4.2. freeCodeCamp: Improve your Landing Page but i have know idea what to do?
Again i do apologise if this has caused any inconvenience id be so grateful for the help and assistance and direction.
what kind of help do you need?
Hi there i do apologise for late reply im not in good spirts.
I create a landing page but im not sure what else i need too do to improve it . I have know idea how to but stuff into boxes using css and im not sure if ill be able to join the freecodecamp course thing?
Sorry if this was very vague .
Some things you can revisit;
- Codepen provides the boilerplate for you. It only expects the code you’d put within the
body element in HTML. (No need to include the
body tags). For anything you want to add to the
<head> element click on the ‘Settings’ button, then HTML and add it into the ‘Stuff for <head>’ box.
- Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
- There are HTML coding errors you should be aware of and address.
- Be careful of typo’s. As a suggestion switch the Syntax Highlighting on Codepen to help catch errors. Go to your Codepen profile settings (not the setting for the pen, but for your profile). Switch the Syntax Highlighting to Oceanic Dark and save the setting. Go back to the pen and make sure your new setting is working. The code highlighting will be using different colors. Errors will now be marked in red.
- Codepen provides validators for HTML, CSS and JS. Click on the down arrow in the upper right of each section and then click on the respective ‘Analyze’ link.
- The one for CSS is good. Use it and address the issue(s). (Again, typo’s…and the standard states the spelling is American English)
- (The one for HTML misses things which is why I recommend W3C)
- Do not use the
<br> element to force line breaks or spacing. That’s what CSS is for.
- Be sure to make your page responsive. Remember, the R in RWD stands for Responsive
- There’s a horizontal scrollbar on smaller screens
I don’t know what you mean by this. If you’re here and doing the projects then you’re part of the “freecodecamp course thing”