Please Help with my Tribute Page "main" div

I used a jumbotron as per this code

<div id="main">     
  <div class="container">
    <div class="jumbotron">
      <div class="row">
        <div class="col-xs-12">
          <h1 class="text-center">Nagarjuna</h1>
          <h2 class="text-center"><em>Founder of the concepts of emptiness (sunyata) and non-clinging (upaya).</em></h2>

When I ran the Page Test on it, I got the error that I needed a “main” div to contain all other elements, so I put it in, but it does not pick up the title of the page or the description.

If I put something in the “main” div, it comes out of the jumbotron container and displays at the top left hand corner. It passes the test but looks stupid.

Any help on how I can fix that? My CodePen link is https://codepen.io/silvanet/full/eMQxpB/
The GitHub link to it is https://silvanet.github.io/Nagarjuna/

Please, a tip.

What do you mean you got the error?

When I run the Tribute Page test on your codepen, it’s passing all tests.

Yes, it’s passing the tests, but do you see the stupid little “Nagarjuna” title in the upper left corner? Sorry, the code section quoted is when it wasn’t passing. When I added the “Nagarjuna” text to the “main” div it passed but shows up in the upper left corner and looks silly.

You just need to put id=“title” in your h1 tag.

Remove that div. and put it there.

The fail is because it’s looking for id=“title”
2. I should see an element with corresponding id=“title”, which contains a string (i.e. text) that describes the subject of the tribute page (e.g. “Dr. Norman Borlaug”).

If you put it in your H1 tag you’ll pass. It can go before or after the class.

type or paste code here

elements can have both a class and an Id.

Thank you so much. You have the patience of an angel.
I removed the div and put the id in the h1 tag

<h1 class="text-center" id="title">Nagarjuna</h1>

It passed, but the little “Nagarjuna” still showed in the upper left corner of the page.

Maybe it’s a Github thing, but I had to flush out the browser cache. It doesn’t automatically update after changes saved. That’s frustrating.

Also, you hardly have time when you log in here. You get logged out quickly and have to log back in.

Yikes - but thank you so much again.

Instead of a div tag ,i used a main tag with id = “main” in my tribute page. Hope this is helpful.