Please my website looks terrible when deployed on Netlify from when viewed on my local machine

Please my website looks terrible when deployed on Netlify from when viewed on my local machine.

The github link - (GitHub - Tunji545/frontend-mentor-floyd-dark-theme)

Live link: frontend-mentor-floyd-dark-theme-git-master-tunji545.vercel.app

Someone should please patiently offer to help me on this and point out where i got it wrong.

Hi @Tunji545 !

I think there is an issue with how you are using bootstrap.
When I copied your code on my local device I was getting the same result that you are seeing now.

But when I used the cdn link things started to look better.
I didn’t bother to import the images but I think you were expecting something like this.

I just guessed on which version of bootstrap you were using.
But I would google why the download for bootstrap is not working.

Good luck!

P.S. I updated your post to include the live link.

1 Like

You’re not deploying node_modules, so you should not point to it in your HTML.

1 Like

@jwilkins.oboe,
Thanks so much for your response and for pointing out where the problem likely comes from. Yes, the image you posted was the result I respected to see. At least now, I know I can deploy the expected result I was expecting.

@jenovs,
Oh, I see where the errors are coming from but how do I make a link to the installed bootstrap and font-awesome if I can’t reference the node_modules?

If there is node_modules, then there must be a build step which should automagically extract files and add correct links, but you don’t add them yourself to the index.html.
If there is no build, you can just copy/paste those files from node_modules to some other folder (and adjust paths accordingly).
Or use CDN links.

1 Like