Please provide feedback for my tribute page. Thanks!

https://codepen.io/Dantax7/details/rNjxLzg
Bonjour à tous,
Je viens de terminer la page d’hommage à Louis Pasteur.
je serais heureux d’avoir vos commentaires concernant mon travail.
En vous remerciant par avance de votre feed back.
Cordialement.
Dan.

Bonjour @dantax7.

When using codepen, you don’t need to add the <html>, <head> and <body> tags as codepen automatically puts them in there for you. If you need to put additional info in the <head> you can click on the options icon to the left of “HTML” in the editor and add it there. You don’t need to add a <title> in the head as codepen will put whatever you have in the upper left corner of the editor as the title.

Overall your page is very nice. Just a few things to mention:

• I am getting a horizontal scroll bar when I narrow my browser all the way in. Granted, it doesn’t scroll a lot, but I think you should try to get rid of it.

• I would add a max-width to the <p> following the <h1>. A lot of people find long lines of text very hard to read.

• Don’t use <br> to create line breaks and vertical space between elements. Use CSS (such as padding/margin).

• The bibliography list is not a navigation menu so it should not be wrapped in a <nav>.

Hi @dantax7 !

I have edited the title of your post to remove the link since we can’t click on them.

No code notes really here, the image is very large on my display, and comes off looking sloppy because it does not contain much visually. I also found the yellow to be straining on the eyes, maybe a softer yellow would be more soothing?

It seems that the others covered the code notes, so I don’t want to repeat anything.

Bonsoir bbsmooth,
Un grand merci pour avoir consacré du temps à la lecture de mon code.
Je prends bonne note de vos recommandations et je vais modifier en conséquence mes erreurs.
Cordialement.
Dan.

Hello Jessica,
Thanks for your intervention. I must have made a mistake by wanting to copy the link to my tribute page. I do not fully understand how codepen works.
I’ll be careful next time.

Dan

Thanks Amanda for your comments.
I’m going to tone down the yellow color to make it less tiring.
I will try to change the ratio: length width of the photo so that it adapts to the size of the different screens.
Dan.

Bonjour,

I just checked out your updates and it is less straining on the eyes, and the image size looks good.

I am glad my comments could help.

Happy Coding! and good luck!

Hello Amanda,
I was able to improve my tribute page by following your advice and I thank you for your encouragement which motivates me to continue my learning of web development.
I also wish you good coding for your future projects.
Dan.

image.png

Ouvrir dans Google Traduction

Commentaires

Résultats Web

Google Traduction

Ce service gratuit de Google traduit instantanément des mots, des expressions et des pages Web du français vers plus de 100 autres langues.

Recherches associées

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.