Please provide your suggestions about my Portfolio page

I just finished my Portfolio page project. Took me almost 25 days. Though I had a trip to Dalhousie, Dharamshala for 10 days, still I feel I should’ve finished sooner.

Anyway, dear campers, please take a look at my page and suggest any improvement you think is worthwhile.Here’s the link-

1 Like

looks great! how many hours per day did you work on it?

Thanks @dumbsurfer. I’m learning to code after my day job. So I could not manage more than 1 hour a day, maybe.

Do you mean the navbar buttons @camperextraordinaire ? I’ll try to stop it.

thats great work! glad you where able to keep it up and see the project through. I think that says alot about you. Its easy to get frustrated with coding. Your page came out great!

1 Like

@debu2code This is great! I like the design and layout. I also like that you comment your code as it makes it easier to see what’s going on at a glance. Here are some thoughts:

• One thing you may want to do is add the FCC Beta test script (https://rawgit.com/freeCodeCamp/testable-projects-fcc/master/build/bundle.js) to your pen’s JavaScript section to see the changes you’ll need to make in order to pass those tests. Even though it’s technically a different project, I found it helpful to see the way FCC wanted me to structure my markup compared to the way I chose to do it.

• You’ll want to paste your code into the HTML Validator as there are a few errors you’ll want to know about. Most notably, in my opinion, is the error concerning nesting a button element within an anchor element. Here’s a StackOverflow answer that goes into this in more detail.

• Looks like you skipped headings from <h1> to <h3>. Here’s what Mozilla says about that:

• Heading information may be used by user agents, for example, to construct a table of contents for a document automatically.

• Do not use lower levels to decrease heading font size: use the CSS font-size property instead.

• Avoid skipping heading levels: always start from <h1>, next use <h2> and so on.

• You should consider avoiding using <h1> more than once on a page. See “Defining sections” in Using HTML sections and outlines for more information.

• @Diego_Perez likes to point out (rightfully) that there’s a current vulnerability using target="_blank":

I think, overall, you did very well on this page. When I think about someone being able to go through FCC and create a page like this, I am impressed. :sunny:

1 Like

That’s a ton of new information for me. I’ve clipped the links to evernote for reference. Thanks @camper.:clap::clap: