Pls someone should help me to analyze this cos its not working

Applied Visual Design: Adjust the Hue of a Color | freeCodeCamp.org

Analyze what? Can you share the code you’ve tried?

sorry about that.

<style>

body {

background-color: #FFFFFF;

}

.green {

background-color:hs1:(120, 100%, 50%);

}

.cyan {

background-color:hs1:(180, 100%, 50%);

}

.blue {

background-color:hs1:(240, 100%, 50%);

}

div {

display: inline-block;

height: 100px;

width: 100px;

}

</style>

<div class="green"></div>

<div class="cyan"></div>

<div class="blue"></div>

I’ve edited your post for readability. When you enter a code block into a forum post, please precede it with a separate line of three backticks and follow it with a separate line of three backticks to make it easier to read.

You can also use the “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) to add backticks around text.

See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard.
Note: Backticks (`) are not single quotes (’).

It is “hsl” not “hs1” - hue, saturation, lightness. And that second colon shouldn’t be there. If I fix those X3, your code passes for me.

@kevinSmith, thanks for your guidance but there is still a problem. i have been able to solve the problem of hs1 to hsl but it still showing me that the div element of class green should have the color green. if you go down, you will see where the div element of class was declared.

Fixing those, fixed it for me. If you are still having issues, please post your new code.

<style>

body {

background-color: #FFFFFF;

}

.green {

background-color:hsl:(120, 100%, 50%);

}

.cyan {

background-color:hsl:(180, 100%, 50%);

}

.blue {

background-color:hsl:(240, 100%, 50%);

}

div {

display: inline-block;

height: 100px;

width: 100px;

}

</style>

<div class="green-background"</div>

<div class="cyan-background"</div>

<div class="blue-background"</div>

…sorry but what’s that supposed to be? You don’t close any of your tags AND you have not declared any of the classes you try to use.

Also your html follows the css, without any style-tags seperating those and I also don’t see a body-tag.

You sure you went through AND UNDERSTOOD the previous lessons? Because this looks like you are missing a lot of basics of how to write html in the first place.

@Jagaya, the codes are not like that but whenever i copy and paste codes to this environment , it becomes like this

@Jagaya Applied Visual Design: Adjust the Hue of a Color | freeCodeCamp.org. pls check it out through the above link

You have to use the “</>” button above the text-field to format it as code. Otherwise the forum will actually render the html, which is why it might look weird.

As for the task, if you hit the “Get Help” → “Ask for help” it automatically creates a post with your code and a link to the challenge.

Now as for the challenge: when the class is called “green” you have to use that. Not “green-background”.

i did that as first, it didn’t work

I’ve edited your post for readability. When you enter a code block into a forum post, please precede it with a separate line of three backticks and follow it with a separate line of three backticks to make it easier to read.

You can also use the “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) to add backticks around text.

See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard.
Note: Backticks (`) are not single quotes (’).

In the div element, you have added the class name green-background but it should be just green also do the same thing for other divs

@pranav1597, with the div element been just green, its still saying the same thing

You still have the extra colon : in here

You should not have changed this.

Original:

<div class="green"></div>
<div class="cyan"></div>
<div class="blue"></div>

@JeremyLT , i don’t understand. what do you mean by having extra colon?pls explain.

Okay, what’s the error showing?