Plz advise me on how to overcome a negative feeling of discouragement while you are learning something

Hey guys, have you guys ever feel you are so dumb?!
I’m a rookie who wants to be a web developer in the future and building a simple website using css after watching some tutorial videos. But it took so much time to build only a single section XD… and it gives me a feeling of discouragement… and a doubt… “Who the hexx said HTML and CSS is easy?”…Because it’s not easy for me at all…

U know … Before I build something, I thought I could do that within a single day… but … it turns out that it takes several days for me…

Can you guys advise me on how to overcome a negative feeling of discouragement while you are learning??

Thanks …

Hey Ryan,

that’s totally normal.

I think the only long-term solution is to learn that not everything in life is fun.

The goal isn’t technically to overcome negative feelings, where you don’t have them and feel happy 24/7. The goal is to realize the negative feelings you have are normal, and you won’t let them dictate what you are doing, or want to do.

Furthermore, development is hard, the fact its hard is why people struggle. If your struggling, its fine, everyone does. The key isn’t to get to a point where its easy and you do everything perfect, because that doesn’t exist, the key is to realize what your doing is hard, your going to have problems, yet you keep going.

How you power yourself through those situations and problems is where you want to get to. You want to get to a place where you might feel disappointed your not getting it yet, but given enough time you will figure it out.

Good luck, keep learning, keep building :+1:

1 Like

That will never change I think.

We tend to underestimate the time it takes to complete tasks. In a perfect world, you would be able to better and better gauge the time something should take to finish but it usually doesn’t work out that way. If you need to set a deadline, set it pessimistically, not optimistically.

Also, you are also still learning so that is totally normal.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.