Plz help i dont know what to do again

Tell us what’s happening:

Your code so far

// Only change code below this line

var remainder; 11 % 3;

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/75.0.3770.142 Safari/537.36.

Link to the challenge:
https://learn.freecodecamp.org/javascript-algorithms-and-data-structures/basic-javascript/finding-a-remainder-in-javascript

i just did what i did in the code that a published here and it says the remainder should be 2 and stuff. i dont know what to do else :frowning:

var remainder = 2

11 % 3

Okay so i did this and it says you should add “%” and i dont know where to add it…

I did but it STILL says the same thing look;

// running tests

You should use the % operator

// tests completed

var remainder = 11 % 3

so thats the only thing that there is now. and it says i should add the “%” . but i dont know where to add it.

oh my fckn goddddddddddddddddddddd i SWEAR I TRIED IT BEFORE AND IT DIDNT LET ME FINISH THR CHALLANGE BUT NOW IT LETS ME WTH THANK YOU SO MUCH IM SO ANGRY AT THIS SITE

1 Like

It’s a learning curve. It takes a little time.

Think of going to the gym, and working out muscles in ways you may not have before - there are aches and pains and it just ain’t any fun… but there’s a good reason to keep on going back.

First, you are improving yourself. And second, there’s all of us cheering you on. YOU GOT THIS! :wink:

1 Like

thank you so so much im gonna cry… :(((((((( i have been here for like a good 3 hours and my eyes are getting tired but its so much fun… but i get really frustrated sometimes bc its like im 100% sure of it and turns out that forgot to put a dot there and ive been searching for it for like a 10 mins… this coding needs a lot of attention…

1 Like

Coding is all about the details. Imagine you’re having to teach a very literal five-year-old. It takes time to learn the basics, but more and more, you’ll find yourself getting it.

That said, if you’ve been at this for three hours and you’re getting red-eye and really brain-drained, change activities. Step away for a few minutes. Play some air-guitar to bad 80’s music, find a cupcake, walk the dog, go buy a dog… lol

Coding isn’t just about coding - it’s knowing how to research, and knowing when to step away for a few. You won’t learn it all by burning out on the first day. Set yourself reasonable goals, and reward yourself for reaching them.

No worries, we’ve all been where you are. It does get easier.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for all the things you said… so its 2.30 am in where i live so i better go to sleep. I will keep in mind the things you said. Take care of yourself Toby!!