Pointless, HTML

@vipatron, @Soupedenuit

Because of how you guys showed me how important mobile is, and i’m egotistical and ill admit i was wrong, i checked out CSS grids. I watched a 27 minute tutorial --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgwCeNVPlo0
and its very simple and cool. It gives you freedom to style the grids columns and any size, and arrange everything in CSS. Its what i needed.

Wow, perfect timing as it was uploaded today. Its one of the best tutorials iv followed.

Example from video

". title title ."
". header header ."
". sidebar sidebar ."
". footer footer ."

The . was 1 column white space and the rest was elements that all took up 1 column space.

Now i’m not going to go all about how its so good, as i will run into some errors and need help.

@naphong

Very cool, i love the color selection in which i saw colors i never thought of using. Behance has some really cool images on it too. I like adobe’s color selector. I also saw some cool designs for like banners on websites.

@Soupedenuit

Imagine if we went with tesla’s design. No wires, all wireless. Phones could be so much better as they really wouldn’t need batteries. More space for processing.

I only use a select few websites, YouTube (App), etc. But also games require good internet connections. Like really if everyone stopped uploading to YouTube, you would never be able to run out of entertainment. Internet inside internet.

@owel

I just try to think of a responsive design. If it actually looks good comes second.

Boostrap lacks any creativity or freedom. I feel like it also very complicated doing set in place rows, typing tons of classes, having them not even work half the time, etc. It gives you a set column sizes and its annoying to work with them.

Its just a pain to deal with, and learn. I watched a tutorial on CSS grids and knew more in 27 minutes then 10 episodes on bootstrap.

@dlyons

Ill do more research into the ideas and trends, never thought of that. I would say a trend is simplicity. Brighter color schemes and very basic but powerful designs is in style. There is no sidebar with just links.

Would it make it quicker to make like a codepen, in which it contains Navbars, images with cool classes, etc. This is so you can just copy and paste and build the frame of the website. Different styles of rows with boxes next to each other, all simple stuff to save time.

What does everyone think the next step in Mobile phones is? What will come out better then them? Holograms that could resize to the website.

1 Like