[POLL] Pair Programming

[POLL] Pair Programming
0.0 0

We already know that one of the best ways to learn to program is doing it alongside others.

I’d really love to know how many of you do pair programming on a regular basis, how many have not done it yet but would be interested and how many don’t intend to do it at all.

I’d include a pool but I have no idea on how to do it from the phone.[poll]

• Do it regularly
  • Have done it a little, would like to do it again
  • Have done it, didn’t like it
  • Haven’t done it but interested
  • Not interested
  • Luke, I’m your father
    [/poll]

This is under active development:

http://pairboard.surge.sh

More features are on the way, but it works fine for forum members to use.

I’m not asking for a platform, but for answers for my imaginary survey (I haven’t yet figured how to create one here).

In the post editor, click the little cog and choose ‘build poll’

Thank you! I was looking to the other cog and it had only the option to create a wiki.

Can I suggest the option: have done it a little, would like to do more

Also: have done it, didn’t like it.

Added them both to the poll :slight_smile:

I couldn’t resist ‘Luke, I’m you father’ …

Haven’t done it, don’t think I can | want to | will, doesn’t mean I won’t.
Oh life is complicated, full of uncertainties.

Exactly my thoughts on this.
Nevertheless, it seems that if you actually want to work as a programmer, you will eventually have to cooperate with others. So maybe its a good idea to suck it up and get somewhat used to this concept earlier.

My… Programming is a demanding b**** - pardon my French. I don’t think I can list all the personal traits I’ve already gone against since I started !

That’s not a good thing, have you talked to him about it?

I don’t mind the idea of pair programming as long as there’s a clear objective and clearly defined roles. The one time I tried it, the other person kept jumping right into the function that I was working on and once deleted three lines of code that I had just finished typing because he wanted to do that particular section.