Hi I am trying to complete my 4th Project, the landing page. I am struggling with passing one test of the Navbar always staying at the top. Forgive me if the fix seems obvious but I haven’t worked out what I need to do.
I would love any additional advice of how to make the project better. Thanks in advance.
@mcfeegles The project looks very nice! On my end, the test isn’t passing but the nav is staying at the top. I don’t know what the problem is. Make sure all of the links are in the header. Also, it looks like you misspelled polaroid on your page, something to fix. Happy Coding!
I think the test is looking for a code in navbar CSS like
because these codes make the navbar fixed on the top of the page.
Welcome to the forums @mcfeegles. Your page looks good. Some things to revisit;
- Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
- There are HTML coding errors you should be aware of and address.
- You can ignore the warnings for now.
- Since copy/paste from codepen you can ignore the first warning and first two errors.
- Codepen provides validators for HTML, CSS and JS. Click on the down arrow in the upper right of each section and then click on the respective ‘Analyze’ link.
- The one for CSS is good. Use it and address the issue(s).
- be wary of duplicating selectors
- (The one for HTML misses things which is why I recommend W3C)
- Make your page responsive. Remember, the R in RWD stands for Responsive.
- There’s a horizontal scrollbar on smaller screens
Ahh thanks, yes that was what was looking for.
Thank you for your help. I have bookmarked the W3C validator for later.
I also didn’t know about codepens validators so that is a load of help.
I see the horizontal scroll bar- it is the you tube video, so I will fix that.
Thanks a lot, I am no designer so I am glad that it looks nice. Thanks for the spelling correction- I’m dyslexic so I need all the help I can get lol