Porftolio page - need feedback

Hi Guys,
I have just finished the Portfolio Project.
Since I am a newbie, I am wondering if you have any suggestions and/or found any mistakes/errors.
“Skills” icons added to fill empty slots. :smiley: I’ll catch up missing knowledge in the future.
Same with “Send Email” option, will make it work, when I’ll learn more JS.
Thanks in advance.
Portfolio Page

1 Like
  1. Spelling of application is wrong, in web applications.
  2. The email sending functionality is not working

Try to read more carefully. (;
“Same with “Send Email” option, will make it work, when I’ll learn more JS.”

Thanks, corrected.

Alright, good efforts.

Another aspect i noticed was that after i click on the buttons in the top right corner, namely, about,projects, skills, contact, i am navigated to the associated section,but there seems to be slight mistake. The section header appears to be hidden when i click on the buttons. Is it part of the feature?

Nice looking page. I encountered the same navigational issue when clicking on your header links; the section headers are not sufficiently included in the section.

If, you’re planning to ultimately use your portfolio page as a job-seeker you may want to add a caption to each of the graphics in the “Skills” section of your page. Specifically because, recruiters and HR professionals aren’t always as familiar with the icons for your skill-set as you or other IT folks are. It’s usually best to err on the side of caution, making your skill-set clear to lay-folks who may be the first-line of recruitment.

I also suggest that your “About” content is slightly reworded. I offer the following suggestion that keeps you tone and voice the same:

My name is Kamil. I am freelance translator and programmer in-training. My goal is to build successful web applications, that benefit me and the community as well. I am currently focused on learning Front End Development, and plan learn Back End Development thereafter. Wish me the best of luck!

Great work!

1 Like

(;[quote=“crazycheewawa, post:6, topic:31630, full:true”]
Nice looking page. I encountered the same navigational issue when clicking on your header links; the section headers are not sufficiently included in the section.

If, you’re planning to ultimately use your portfolio page as a job-seeker you may want to add a caption to each of the graphics in the “Skills” section of your page. Specifically because, recruiters and HR professionals aren’t always as familiar with the icons for your skill-set as you or other IT folks are. It’s usually best to err on the side of caution, making your skill-set clear to lay-folks who may be the first-line of recruitment.

[/quote]

Thank for the tips.
I will change that.

Heya there! I like the the custom fonts you placed in! I also liked the overall spacing and layout you implemented. The images look pretty clean too.

Suggestions:

• Working on the mobile layout. Check out bootstrap’s grid system, responsive images class, and responsive navbar.

• Some links could be added to the portfolio items and social media text.

• Some of the text is a tad bit too small. I recommend 18px minimum for body text.

Awesome job so far! I can’t wait to see the improvements. :smile_cat:

Thanks for quality tips.
I ll revamp this portfolio, when I ll end “Intermediate Front End Development Projects”. (:slight_smile: