Porodomo Clock not working with Test Suite

hey,

Could anyone have a look at why im getting some errors on my porodomo clock not the ones linked to audio as im going to do them once i got the clock passing but it looks like it works fine to me but im getting errors.

The main thing i belive needs to be resolved is:

I can see an element with corresponding id=“time-left”. NOTE: Paused or running, the value in this field should always be displayed in mm:ss format (i.e. 25:00).

time-left is not formatted correctly: expected ‘59’ to equal ‘60’

now the only thing in time left which could equal 60 is the minutes for either session or break however ive watched mutiple times and they both seem to always go from 60 when 60 is selected, so im not sure what this number is actually refering too. its getting pretty frustating :frowning:

EDIT: okay so the expected 59 to equal 60 is deffently the state variable minutes (i changed it so it was always 1 higher than it should be and it gave a different error message)
i see 60 on my screen however when minutes is set to 60 so this is still no making sense

EDIT2: so i manged to fix it by changing how the clock minutes changes, previously it was being updated via a useEffect hook which wasnt strictly needing for this, however the other error im getting is
clock starts but doesnt change numbers and 00 is never reached.
it seems to me (and ofc i might be worng here) but the useEffect hook doesnt play nice with the test suite could someone please help me :s

Here is the link: https://codesandbox.io/s/billowing-flower-glnro?fontsize=14&hidenavigation=1&theme=dark