Portfolio and First Course finished - Feedback is appreciated!

Hi all! I just finished my Portfolio and with that, the course.

This is the website, hope you can take a look and find some things to improve!

https://codepen.io/segerkers/full/vYyEMBm

1 Like

Hi, just looked at your site, very impressive. As I just started coding I can only say visually very pleasing.
I can’ t comment over other things.
Bravo, looks really good.

awesome work!!! Really a good one.

Hey there @segerkers !

Excellent job on the portfolio page, brilliant design as well!

Here some things I noticed:

• Make sure you run your HTML through the W3 code checker, you can ignore the first 2 errors but there are some other ones that you should know about.

https://validator.w3.org/#validate_by_input

• Your classes for html are typos, clas not class. Here’s an example:
  <div class="iconcontainer">↩
    <div clas="icon-and-description"><i class="icons fab fa-html5 fa-5x"></i><span class="icondes">HTML</span></div>↩
    <div clas="icon-and-description"><i class="icons fab fa-css3-alt fa-5x"></i><span class="icondes">CSS</span></div>↩
    <div clas="icon-and-description"><i class="icons fab fa-bootstrap fa-5x"></i><span class="icondes">Bootstrap</span></div>↩
<!--right here it says clas instead of class-->
    <div clas="icon-and-description"><i class="icons fab fa-js-square fa-5x"></i><span class="icondes">JavaScript</span></div>↩
    <div clas="icon-and-description"><i class="icons fab fa-wordpress fa-5x"></i><span class="icondes">WordPress</span></div>↩
  </div>↩

Make sure you fix this LOL.

Most of everything else looks fine and I really like your responsive navbar, I also enjoyed that you gave credit to the guide you used, whenever you reuse code or an idea make sure you give credit :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: .

Fantastic job with the page, I can’t wait to see your future projects.

Best,
Cy499_Studios

Your portfolio looks good @segerkers. Some things to revisit;

• Do not use the <br> element to force line breaks or spacing. That’s what CSS is for. (h1 is a block level element. Is there any value-add to even having the br element here?)
  • Codepen provides validators for HTML, CSS and JS. Click on the chevron in the upper right of each section and then click on the respective ‘Analyze’ link.
    • The one for CSS is good. Use it and address the issue(s).
    • (The one for HTML misses things which is why I recommend W3C)