Portfolio feedback 2020

@brandon_wallace

Total Novice here, what about github? Is that any use for portfolio presentation?

That’s where I loaded mine, but I’m no expert either. Converted the profile repository into my main GitHub Pages repo.

@tommytucker Yes sir. Github Pages is an option for static web hosting but Netlify is more feature rich. Both offer free plans. Github is an online software development version control hub that offers static web hosting as a feature. Netlify’s main purpose is hosting web applications and static websites. Surge’s main purpose is static web publishing for front-end developers. I suggest trying all three to see which one you like best.

1 Like

@brandon_wallace
Thanks mate! Im a total novice to this, so this info is super helpful.
So… for github pages, i can only host 1 site per account, so i make 1x repo for… example, my portfolio page, then have to find an alternative hosting (currently using codepen for FCC HTML and CSS challenges)?
So… i might be better off with netlify to host all my portfolio sites… :thinking:

Sorry @TildaDares for hijacking your thread - my last post off topic post! :flushed:

This may sound like a stupid question
but

I am a web developer who fluently speaks three languages:

* HTML
* CSS
* Java

Do you mean Javascript? Because I see no evidence that you code in Java

It’s fine. I’m learning too

It’s not stupid. I actually do code in Java too.

1 Like

You may want to put something that will separate your skills a bit. Most employers see the combinations of “HTML, CSS, and Javascript” so much they might think that’s what you meant like I did.
Or they might think Java and JavaScript are the same.

That’s true. Thank you

@tommytucker You can add a Github Page for every repository you have. After a while when you projects get bigger you will see the limitations. There are size and number of file limitations for Github Pages.
For FCC you can use Repl.it Glitch or Codepen no problem.

@TildaDares
How about adding the icons for HTML, CSS, and Java above the words and remove the bullet points?

hello dear
when u complete freecode camp course

That’s a good idea. Thanks

I don’t understand you