Portfolio - good? bad? ok?

Portfolio - good? bad? ok?

Hello everyone,
I 've been working on my portfolio page for quite some time now. Maybe a bit too much, because by now I can’t decide if it’s any good. One minute I like it, the next minute not in the least.
I would appreciate any feedback, suggestions.

Portfolio

Thank you!

Hey, good job! I really like your background image. A few things:

• There is some margin/padding, which cause the page width to be larger than 100% (horizontal scrollbar)
  • I would use .container instead of .container-fluid, to avoid a “stretchy” feeling
  • Give the background a light shade (maybe a light green shade, but avoid grey shades)

This is just my opinion, so do with it what you want.

Thank you so much for your feedback. I really appreciate it. I’ll look into the container issue, and will play around with the background. Do you mean that I should give the light green shade to the About section, or the Portfolio section, which is a very light grey right now?
Thanks!

In my humble opinion it looks quite good. Your introductory text is to the point and the design appears tasteful and professional while still having a personal touch.

What I find highly misleading, though, is the absence of coffee in your photos. Is that juice? Come on! :smiley:

I respectfully disagree. I think a light grey background is fine. Making it green is not necessarily a bad idea, but I’d be careful not to overdo it.

I would give both section a light green shade, maybe 2 slightly different shades for the sections.

The absence of coffee pains me too! But the chocolate makes up for it :slight_smile:

Thank you for both of your suggestions. I’ll play around with the colours, and will see how I like best.

Hey, I think a shade with just a little bit of green, would in this case work well with the rest of the page. But that is just my opinion, so feel free to disagree :slight_smile:

Hi,
A nice relaxing site.
One small thing which is just my preference but I’d like to see the navbar items highlight when the pointer hovers over them. Tiny point though :slight_smile:

Thanks for your suggestion. I think it’s a good idea, I’ll be working on that.

Hi Ben,

Is that the reason the page seems a bit wobbly when I scroll it on my iPad?
I thought my fingers were showing signs of aging!!!

Not sure if there’s a problem at my end or not but…
The navbar links don’t seem to be going anywhere when I click them. I just get a white flash and page stays on home. The social media buttons worked fine though so thought maybe there was an issue with codepen (I’ve had similar problems with it for no apparent reason).

I’d be interested in your opinion on my first go at portfolio if you have the time because you have a nice eye for relaxing colors…something I don’t feel I have a clue about.
portfolio
:+1:t3:

Hi,
For me the navbar links are working properly.
I’ve just spent a very frustrating day to fix the issue with the padding/overflow thingy (with no avail, until finally I got help, and a HTML validator found that I had a syntacs error somewhere headdesk), so it can maybe be that you were clicking on it when I was fiddling with the code. (or codepen fail, as you said).
I sure take a look.

Nice, clean and clear. Like the pencils, what is in your cup though??

I’d change the project containers to something more clean and easy, but I like the look!

Hi, I think it’s great. Really easy on the eye with a quality feel. The only thing I would suggest is to centre the headings on smaller screens to keep the column feel all the way down.

Good job IMO :slight_smile:

Mark

I think you may be right on that one. I actually thought to myself as well, that the containers may look good now, but I’m not sure at all that they will still look good when they will contain the actual links. I’m pretty sure I’ll change that later. Thanks for the feedback.

Bone broth!
Just kidding :slight_smile: No idea actually, I snagged that picture from unsplash.com. Coffee would be better, although I like that substance, it has a nice warm colour.

Thank you for your feedback.
Could you elaborate a bit more on that? Do you mean the “About me”, and “My Portfolio” headers?
If so, I can see what you mean, and It’s a good idea.

Yes they’re the ones