Portfolio page for review - thanks!

All thoughts are welcome. The page works best on smaller devices but should be pretty responsive. If there are any issues with that, I’m curious to hear about them!

1 Like

Looks good! Here’s my feedback:

1. The fixed navbar is good but it does get in the way when you try viewing it on a mobile device, taking up a lot of screen real estate. I would try to use the Bootstrap navbar (with the “hamburger” icon) so the navbar takes up less space.
  2. The page loaded a bit slowly for me, probably due to the background images. You can try compressing them - TinyPNG works well, as do other services with a quick search as you will find.
  3. Your LinkedIn icon at the footer isn’t linking properly.

I do like the style and flow of the website overall, though.

1 Like

Thanks so much for your feedback! I fixed the navbar. Had to fiddle with it for a while to restore the styling, but very happy with it now!

1 Like

You have amazing design, I loved the choice of fonts. One thing I would suggest that the background image is HD which takes time to load up, Download that image, compress it to reduce size (there are alot of online tools I use www.optimizilla.com)then use it. It would have positive effect of loading speed.
This is the report of your image after conversion --> Original: 5.7M YCbCr JPEG, Compressed: 1.4M(-76%) YCbCr JPEG

Thanks! I’m aware of the image issue and plan to scale down before I go live with the page. Right now it’s nice to just grab it from the website instead of hosting. :wink:

Clean design, nontrivial font choice, adapts well also on larger screens: good job!
You could add a visual feedback of navbar active item (it may require some javascript code), and I would have added also a scrollspy effect.