Portfolio page is finally up and running! (with just a minor glitch?)

After a fair amount of blood, sweat, and googling, I finally have a decent version of my portfolio page! - http://codepen.io/bethqiang/full/YWYbZG

Comments, questions, suggestions, and thoughts would be more than appreciated!

A couple of the contact buttons are not functional intentionally.

Also, can tell me why when you click on a link in the navbar, that box that contains the link stays gray until you click on something else? I think it has something to do with the smooth scroll jQuery, because if I comment that code out, I’m able to change that color and the change in color only lasts for a split second during and after, like it’s supposed to. I’m unable to change anything if the smooth scroll jQuery is enabled.

1 Like

something like this?
``http://s.codepen.io/erretres/debug/RRQWyJ

.nav li a:focus{
  background-color: transparent;
  color: white;
}

That worked! Thanks so much!

I tried to Google what exactly the “focus” state is–and from what I could find, it’s basically just the time between when you click on the link and when you click on something else. (Which was also evidenced by its behavior in the site.) Is that an accurate description? Are there other important things I should know about it?

you’re welcome :slight_smile:

I think is good to always keep in mind that bootstrap and user-agent stylesheet apply their own styles.

It is best practice to cover all of the “states”, particularly for links.

more on user agent stylesheet:

The browser has a basic style sheet that gives a default style to any document. These style sheets are named user-agent stylesheets. Some browsers uses actual style sheets to perform this, while others simulate them in code, but both cases should be indetectable. Some browsers also allow users to modify the user-agent stylesheet. Although some constraints on user-agent stylesheets are set by the HTML specification, browsers still have a lot of latitude: that means that significant differences exist from one browser to another. To ease their development and lower the basic ground on which to work, Web developers often use a CSS reset style sheet, forcing common properties values to a known state.

Got it. Thanks so much! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looks really good and clean.
A big :thumbsup:

Nice looking portfolio. Loved your bio in About description.

@MatWard & @verv0eren - thanks! :slight_smile:

Looks good! I love the clean design and the color scheme suits it well. Good job!

1 Like