Portfolio Project Feedback bakecaker

Link to my codepen:

There’s more that I wanted to do but I didn’t want to get hung up on every detail. I want to get back to learning more and not spending all my time on this project. Some of the things I wanted to continue to work on were:

Fine tuning the navigation bar (the buttons aren’t as smooth as I’d like)
The ‘Home’ button doesn’t become active at the top of the page.
The ‘Portfolio’ button is active when scrolled a tiny bit above ‘Contact’ (I think I could address this with the margins or padding?)
Making the thumbnails streamline

I had also loaded this on my mobile phone to see how it looked and the background image doesn’t display and the navbar buttons don’t seem to work. I plan on putting more work into this in time but for now I want to get back to learning Javascript. Any feedback would be great! Thank you for reading and I look forward to any criticism!

I think that looks pretty solid, far better than my effort. There is an issue with the navigation tabs on full page view not switching off the highlight from “portfolio” to “contact” at my end, which looks like one of those weird little bugs that you can spend ages trying to sort out, but it’s not a big deal really. I agree, best get on with learning new stuff and go back to it. When you do go back to it, you might want to try parallax scrolling since you like background images: https://www.w3schools.com/howto/howto_css_parallax.asp

I’m going to have a go at that when I redo my portfolio page. Good job anyway.

Yes, the ‘Contact’ tab on the navbar only highlights when you’re basically at the bottom of the screen. I tried moving the id tag around to solve this and the place I put it seemed to work best. Thank you for the feedback!

Did you ever fix the problem of your background image not loading on your mobile device? I am having the same issue and wonder if you found a soltion?