Portfolio: Reloaded. A complete overhaul after finishing FCC's front end/other projects, with no JQuery, BootStrap

@mickey005 Didn’t want to hijack the other thread. If you wanted to know how the animation was done for the home page, I actually separated it into a different file in the project. Here’s the link. It’s some basic canvas stuff, really.

My two cents: most of it looks great! My only quip would be that the portfolio section could use some work–

1. Some of the pictures are super sharp and some of them aren’t–whichever way is fine, but I’d prefer if they were all consistent.
  2. It’s not obvious what everything is…a screen that says “find my location” could be so many things. I’d rather have what each thing is up front instead of having to click and figure it out myself.
  3. I’d prefer to immediately be able to see what each app does and what it was built with.

These comments are from the perspective of “I want to see what this person has done without doing a ton of extra work on my end,” so if you’re going for something different, then maybe my comments don’t apply. The rest of it looks great though! :slight_smile:

hey looks nice overall, great work no doubt

there are few things that bother me though, like the tic tac toe game lagging for example, it becomes ocasionally irresponsible and it clearly shouldn’t be the case for a SIMPLE tic tac toe game

Wow, impressive! Thank you for including the link to your original, too–it’s inspiring to a NOOB like me to see how much you’ve learned. Great work!

Thanks for the feedback, and I agree with your thoughts about the work section. I want to add descriptions or just redesign it, but college has been busy and I never got around to doing it. I need to add mouse scrolling as well, of course.

I’ll definitely fix the pictures too :slight_smile:

@SpiritusSancti5 The tic tac toe game lags because minimax is a bit heavy and I guess my code isn’t exactly optimal. I’ll try and add a loading icon while it executes though.

@RSaeki Thanks for the kind words!