Portfolio webpage for job search feedback

Hello everyone. I’ved finished this one a while ago but every here and there I like to add new stuff because I intend to use it on the job search. The page can be seen in the codepen.

I’m from Argentina so it is in spanish. Translated, some things mean:

Sobre mi: About section

Algunos de mis trabajos: Some of my projects/work

Besides normal feedback I’d like to ask if it’s worth it to include an about section and what exactly write down there, my age, where I’m from, what I do…?

Thanks in advance to everyone, regards.

2 Likes

It isn’t bad, I like the layout and design. I would change the “preview…” headings as they look like clicked links and take away from the design. Some thumbnails for the images would also be good. The design is really nice, the thing I would worry about the most though is getting it up and hosted somewhere other than codepen. Other than that I think you’re headed in the right direction!

The images aren’t displaying? I get this, used the dropbox generated links for each one. What else could I use to host images?

The design is really nice, the thing I would worry about the most though is getting it up and hosted somewhere other than codepen.

Yep, that’d be my plan in the next few days. Thanks mate.

Hi @lezojeda, I don’t see the images for your projects either. Since you have them hosted on GitHub why aren’t pointing from there?
You can also use GitHub pages to host your portfolio.

I couldn’t see them no. I like to use cloudinary to host images, but best practice is probably to store them in a file with your html and css and access them that way.

What do you mean pointing from there?

In my computer they´re stored inside an “images” but I currently have no clue how to host a server from my own PC.

You don’t need a server on your pc. You have the images on GitHub. Since they’re hosted on GitHub, instead of using dropbox to point to say your JS Calculator webpage, use GitHub instead;
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/lezojeda/freecodecamp-responsive-web-design/master/portfolio-webpage/images/javascript-calculator-preview.jpg

Oh, I see. Thanks for the advice. I updated the JS Calculator with that link, could you check if now it works for you?

haha…yeah, it works. But you know you have five others that still point to dropbox that don’t work, right?

Yes, of course. I’m now going to change the others, thanks!