Possible Typo in Learn HTML by Building a Cat Photo App Step 8 (Beta)

Shouldn’t "an src" be written as "a src"?
Sorry if this is a too minor problem to report.

1 Like

Thank you for helping make FCC better. Bugs can be reported as GitHub Issues. Whenever reporting a bug, please check first that there isn’t already an issue for it and provide as much detail as possible.

A lot of new coder’s would not read it as “Add a source attribute…”, rather they will read and pronounce each letter in which case it does read correctly.
That’s the way I see it.

3 Likes

Personally, I think it should be changed to “An example of an img element using the src attribute”, which would avoid this issue completely :slight_smile:

UPDATE: Ahh, I see this occurs in two places, both in the last sentence of the first paragraph (which is what I was referring to) and the beginning of the second paragraph. I think the sounds awkward in the second one and could be potentially confusing. I just asked my wife, who is a professional writer, and she said when there is ambiguity like this you should go with how you would say it in your head. Personally, I always pronounce src as “source” in my head because it is easier to say, but I completely understand if others pronounce it “s-r-c”. I suppose there is no correct answer for the second instance. Flip a coin maybe :slight_smile:

4 Likes

My first instinct was to read it as source too while I was trying to make sense of it. It never occurred to me that I could read it as “s-r-c” with English pronunciation but that may be because I am not a native speaker. As you’ve said it has no correct answer.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.