Preview shows differently between editor & full page view?

I’m not sure if it’s alright to post questions about something on CodePen (please let me know if this isn’t the place), though it’s as the title says: The page’s preview displays differently with different views.

preview here: https://codepen.io/ri9atony/pen/BaxJgyP

Is there any reason for this, or anything I can do to accommodate for it? Bit of a loose-end question but anything helps.

I don’t know what you mean by “different views”?
What do you do that makes it change?

the rightside box is where I wrote it to be, the first picture shows that in editor view. when switching to full view page, the second picture, the box is pushed up

editor view:

full view:

It’s because you are positioning it using view port units. So the placement is going to depend on how tall and wide the view port is.

ah, so if I were to change the number values to make the 1st picture look like the 2nd, all is well? My idea is to have the page ready for the full view as if it were an actual page

I’m not quite sure I follow what you are trying to do. But you might not want to use view port units to position that element or it is going to change as the height and width of the view port changes.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.