Problem submitting project

Tell us what’s happening:
I completed the survey challenge and am trying to submit it. It freezes at 40%. When I go to the next challenge (product launching page), the script is still for the survey challenge. When I click the hamburger, the tests are for the survey challenge. Also, there is no “save” button in CodePen. I’m not sure how to move forward. Thanks for your help.

Your code so far

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_14_6) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/81.0.4044.122 Safari/537.36.

Challenge: Build a Survey Form

Link to the challenge:

Hi @tjgallen and welcome to FreeCodeCamp Forum. Let’s try to solve your problems together.

1 Like

Well, taking into account that survey challenge is the second project of the first certification, when you successfully submit it, you get that loading bar at 40% because there is still left 60%, or 3 other projects, for you to achieve the first of the 6 certifications available.

OMG, how silly of me! Sorry about that. However, I still have the problem with the tests being for the survey challenge when I click the CodePen link in the next challenge. Maybe I’ll play with it for a bit.

…and there’s no “Save” button in CodePen when I click that link.

In regard of this, you might have noticed a combo box, where you can, and must, select the project you are currently working on. Thus the script will run the matching tests. Once you pass all the tests the script runs, you’re ready to submit your project.

Where would I find the combo box?

I found it. So sorry! Thanks so much for your help. Okay, I’m on to the next project! :slight_smile:

1 Like

No worries. Have fun coding. When you get stuck, give us a shout! :wink: :+1:

Can you tell me, though, if I’m doing something else stupid that is preventing me from having a “Save” option?

Since I don’t have a “Save” option, I’ll just open a new pen and copy the script into it. Thanks again for your help!

It’s not stupid. I would’ve had the same doubts if I were in your position. Don’t worry, we are here to help. So, I believe you don’t have a ‘Save’ option because you haven’t created a CodePen account. There might be a button on the top-right corner of your Pen saying ‘Signin’. Try that out and see how it goes…

I’m signed in, so that’s not the issue. In any event, I started a new pen and copied the script, so that problem has been solved. Thanks for your patience and wisdom. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think the reason you’re not seeing a “Save” option is because you’re on the sample page that FCC provides. In the lower left, there is a “fork” button. Click that and it will open a new pen with just the test script and that’s where you do your work and you’ll be able to save it.

Ding-ding-ding - that worked! Thanks so much!