Problem with an instruction

Step 33

And to create the tertiary color violet, combine magenta with blue. Update the rgb function in the .three CSS rule so that blue is at the max value, and set red to 127.

I don’t quite understand the above instruction. The colour magenta is created with max red and blue values (at 255 ). In order to get the colour violet, you’ve got to reduce the red to a value of 127.
In the instruction above, what does it mean by : And to create the tertiary color violet, combine magenta with blue.
How can you create violet by combining magenta and blue?

Violet is a type of purple. You make purple by mixing red and blue.

I get that. The instructions says : And to create the tertiary color violet, combine magenta with blue.
Shouldn’t the instruction say, reduce the value of red?

Its easiest if you use the Ask for Help button - I had to go find what challenge you were talking about.

I’ve done the task. I’m asking about the instruction. It seems a little confusing to me.

Right, but if you don’t actually provide a link to the Step you are talking about, then we don’t have any context to work with.

Tertiary colors are created by combining a primary with a nearby secondary color.

In Step 33, you combine the primary color blue with the secondary color magenta in order to create the tertiary color violet.

The following are my questions;
Shouldn’t the instruction say, reduce the value of red?
The instruction should be : By combining a lesser value of red and max value of blue, right?

No.

Like I said, Step 31 explained that

so

Blue: rgb(0, 0, 255)
Magenta: rgb(255, 0, 255)
Combining/averaging the two like you did on the last to Steps, Violet: rgb(127, 0, 255)

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.