Problem with flexbox justify-content (i think)

I am working on my landing page.

I have a class called .content-div (red border), the div that contains two items each with a class, .item-img (green border) and .item-copy (yellow border). For some reason, these two items are not centered. I’d like them to be centered as a pair with a bit of space between them. Notably, changing the value for .content-div’s justify-content shows no changes. Thoughts? Help please.

CSS, line 127

You’re going to have to be more specific. It looks pretty centered to me. Do you mean horizontally or vertically?

Thanks for the reply! I mean centered on the horizontal. Notice the yellow bow w/ text is touching the right side of the red border. I am trying to center the stump and the yellow text div together (not on top of one another) within the red border. Line 135, justify-content: center; If I change the value to flex-end or something, nothing changes. Something else is affecting the alignment and I just don’t see it.

This is due to this:

.item-img {
  background-color: #fff;
  transform: scale(0.5, 0.5);
  -ms-transform: scale(0.5, 0.5);
  -webkit-transform: scale(0.5, 0.5);
}

If you want to resize the image in this way, you can instead use the height and width for your image.

img {
  heigth: 300px;
  width: 300px;
}

Tried it already. Doesn’t work. If I comment out my scaling and add width: 200px; height: 200px; it looks like this.

The new width and height affect only the border radius. The img itself just hangs out side the box entirely.

I added

img { heigth: 300px; width: 300px; }

and so it began to look like that:

Doing that affects all of the images on the page. :frowning:

This img has two classes already. I’ve added a fixed width value and auto height value. I also made changes to the other class and the container element. It’s finally lining up! Thanks.

I’m pretty new here, so i’m sorry if this is a stupid response, but have you tried adding a margin? I added a margin-left: 25px; to the .item-copy itself and it looks a little more centered that way, if I understand what you’re saying.

First off, there are no stupid responses or questions. :slight_smile: Second, I managed to get it working but thanks for your input!

Please share your solution - it may help other campers.