Problems with "degrading-fonts" challenge

Problems with "degrading-fonts" challenge

Hi there!
This is my very first topic on the forum, and I hope this hasn’t been asked too much.

I’m having an issue with the “Specify How Fonts Should Degrade” challenge: I did everything as requested, but the tests never pass. Actually, only the last 2 tests pass.

I do have some coding experience, and the task is not a big deal at all. But this problem is preventing me from further advancing in my study.

The task is as simple as this:

1. Comment out the reference to google fonts;
2. Specify a "degrading-font" configuration for the h2 tags on the CSS part of the code:

h2 {font-family: Lobster, Monospace;}

And that is all there is to it. Still, never pass.

Can you share your full code?

Here it goes:

<!--
<link href="https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Lobster" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
-->

<style>
  .red-text {
    color: red;
  }

h2 {
    font-family: Lobster, Monospace;
  }

p {
    font-size: 16px;
    font-family: Monospace;
  }
</style>

<h2 class="red-text">CatPhotoApp</h2>

<p class="red-text">Kitty ipsum dolor sit amet, shed everywhere shed everywhere stretching attack your ankles chase the red dot, hairball run catnip eat the grass sniff.</p>
<p class="red-text">Purr jump eat the grass rip the couch scratched sunbathe, shed everywhere rip the couch sleep in the sink fluffy fur catnip scratched.</p>

Your code works as it is.

Try again in an incognito window, or try clearing your browser’s cache.

Already tried those, but the problem persists :confused:

It looks like a known issue.

Skip this one for the meantime, but know that your code is correct.

haha thats great man, thanks!!

I got the same problem and I finally have passed this challenge on a pure profile of Firefox. My main profile does not use page fonts but only fonts from my system (instead of the pure profile which certainly does). So I tried to disable page fonts for the pure profile and I could not pass the challenge again.

For Firefox users this can be a solution. There is an instruction how to enable/disable using of page fonts in Firefox.

Im having the same problem with this lesson as well. This is the code up until that point. There are four items to complete. You have to add comments to the Lobster font in the h2 element within style to degrade to monospace. Lobster must be available to be seen by h2 to complete the challenge, but comments also must be around Lobster to complete the challenge. Both cannot be accomplished.

Im going to skip as advised by a commenter below. If i screwed up the code somehow,please let me know. Otherwise just advising that this issue MIGHT be still persisting.

Thanks.

.red-text { color: red; }

h2 {
font-family: , monospace;
}

p {
font-size: 16px;
font-family: monospace;
}