Problems with "degrading-fonts" challenge

Problems with "degrading-fonts" challenge
0.0 0

Hi there!
This is my very first topic on the forum, and I hope this hasn’t been asked too much.

I’m having an issue with the “Specify How Fonts Should Degrade” challenge: I did everything as requested, but the tests never pass. Actually, only the last 2 tests pass.

I do have some coding experience, and the task is not a big deal at all. But this problem is preventing me from further advancing in my study.

The task is as simple as this:

1. Comment out the reference to google fonts;
2. Specify a "degrading-font" configuration for the h2 tags on the CSS part of the code:

h2 {font-family: Lobster, Monospace;}

And that is all there is to it. Still, never pass.

Can you share your full code?

Here it goes:

<!--
<link href="https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Lobster" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
-->

<style>
  .red-text {
    color: red;
  }

h2 {
    font-family: Lobster, Monospace;
  }

p {
    font-size: 16px;
    font-family: Monospace;
  }
</style>

<h2 class="red-text">CatPhotoApp</h2>

<p class="red-text">Kitty ipsum dolor sit amet, shed everywhere shed everywhere stretching attack your ankles chase the red dot, hairball run catnip eat the grass sniff.</p>
<p class="red-text">Purr jump eat the grass rip the couch scratched sunbathe, shed everywhere rip the couch sleep in the sink fluffy fur catnip scratched.</p>

Your code works as it is.

Try again in an incognito window, or try clearing your browser’s cache.

Already tried those, but the problem persists :confused:

It looks like a known issue.

Skip this one for the meantime, but know that your code is correct.

haha thats great man, thanks!!

I got the same problem and I finally have passed this challenge on a pure profile of Firefox. My main profile does not use page fonts but only fonts from my system (instead of the pure profile which certainly does). So I tried to disable page fonts for the pure profile and I could not pass the challenge again.

For Firefox users this can be a solution. There is an instruction how to enable/disable using of page fonts in Firefox.